• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aztek - Turkish cult films from label in Turkey

Open facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/Aztek-Film-...7832/?fref=ts#

Closed members only group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1461349037508640/

This is a new label run by Ali Murat Gí¼ven in Turkey. It's not Onar Films under a new name or a continuation of that label. Onar was run by Bill Barounis in Greece and although Ali Murat sold off the remaining stock of Onar DVD's after Bill Barounis passed away this is a new, different label.

Trailer for their fist DVD release (and according to Ali Murat in his closed group maybe also the only release we're going to see). The film was directed by Kunt Tulgar who also directed Supermen Dí¶ní¼yor (aka Superman Returns) which Onar released.

[video]
    Jack J
    Last edited by Jack J; 07-27-2016, 02:24 PM.
    2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

I have never seen subs like this before, they pop, lol.

Comment

Still waiting for my disc to show. Supposedly they were mailed out a couple days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Zane C. View Post
        Still waiting for my disc to show. Supposedly they were mailed out a couple days ago.
        Supposedly, he started to ship DVDs two months ago.
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/1461...0774284566114/

Or maybe he meant he wanted to. Maybe it's a cultural thing, maybe it's the Turkish way, a lot of talk, promises, little actual action. I have no idea, I watch the films but I'm not too familiar with how things are done in Turkey.
        Jack J
        Last edited by Jack J; 07-08-2016, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Disregard my comment about them in the Turkish Star Wars thread.
          EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

Well, that was fast.

"-GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT-
            Aztek Film Productions Co. Ltd stopped to work on "Ringo versus Gestapo", the second release of "The Golden Classics of Turkish Trash Cinema" DVD series because of low interest and request to the No. 1 DVD of the same series.
            In current condition, to release new cult classics for trash movie lovers seems so difficult financially.
            In any case, sales under minimum 1000 units of DVD is an exact money losing in a legal and quality process of DVD production."
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So word around the FB gossip mill is that Mondo Macabro will be selling the first release as agreed upon but not working with this guy again.... for various reasons. Which is a shame, as it sounds like he was some great stuff but understandable given the circumstances.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                So word around the FB gossip mill is that Mondo Macabro will be selling the first release as agreed upon but not working with this guy again.... for various reasons. Which is a shame, as it sounds like he was some great stuff but understandable given the circumstances.
                He accused MM of bootlegging Turkish films on a public forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark C. View Post
                  He accused MM of bootlegging Turkish films on a public forum.
                  I guess you could say he needs to work on his PR skills.

He also called an American member of the fb group a "secret agent" and an "FBI agent" (in a serious manner - not as a joke!) because said American "hates Turkey". After having lived in the country for 30 years you should think the American would have left if he hated the place. I'm not kidding.

Comment

Yup, we'll have the first (only?) Aztek release up for pre-order on Friday: http://mondomacabro.bigcartel.com/pr...the-fatherland

Comment

So, it's a DVD-R?

Comment

Yup.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Ali was so vague when asked the same question, he went on feeding everyone some BS that the "Stampers" (his words, not mine), were needed to be imported into Turkey. I knew it sounded fishy. If they are dvd-r, just tell people, most would be fine with that as long as you're open about it form day 1.

Yet he writes this and does not mention dvd-r, like it's a curse word or something.
                          Mark C.
                          Last edited by Mark C.; 07-29-2016, 03:22 PM.

Comment

LOL wasn't that the guy who sold the last remaining onar DVD's?! I think I only ordered one DVD and he sent me not one, not two but ... FOUR(!!) hand signed autographs of kunt tulgar with my name on it. don't know what I've done to deserve this, but it's cool I guess. :emily:

Comment

Looks like it's in stock now.

http://mondomacabro.bigcartel.com/pr...the-fatherland
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X