Madman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madman

Splitting this off from the main VS thread so it doesn't get lost.

Sell sheet and press release info for the May Blu-ray release of Madman!

Madman
    Blu-ray + DVD Combo
    Label: Vinegar Syndrome
    Pre-book: 04/14/2015 Streets: 05/12/2015 SRP: 24.98 UPC: 855011004826
    Cat: VS-078 Run Time: 88 Minutes Original Language: English
    Color Widescreen 1.85:1 DTS-HD MA 2.0 Mono Region 0
    Horror MPAA Rating: R Production Year: 1981
    Director: Joe Giannone
    Cast: Gaylen Ross, Tony Fish, Paul Ehlers

Years ago, Madman Marz violently murdered his family only to escape into the woods before his execution could be completed. Legend has it that anyone who calls his name can summon him back to continue his bloody rampage. But teenage Richie, away at camp, doesn't believe the old legend and calls his name. As night falls, strange things start happening at at camp and soon Madman Marz is back, axe in hand, to finish the killing spree he started decades ago. One of the true classics of 80's slasher cinema, Vinegar Syndrome proudly presents MADMAN on Blu-ray for the first time, newly restored in 4K from the camera negative!

Bonus Features:

New 4k restoration from the 35mm camera negative
    Original Theatrical Trailer
    TV spots
    Cast/Crew interviews
    The Legend Lives: 91 minute documentary on the Making of Madman
    Commentary track by The Hysteria Continues!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

"We're finishing color correction on MADMAN. Here's a sample. We've retained the blue look, but matched its intensity to the original 35mm prints which offer the most accurate color representation out there."

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So very excited about this one. Madman isn't a great movie by any means but there's just something about the atmosphere that I love.

Comment

First time I saw it, I hated it but wound up enjoying it a lot more when I revisited it. It's been a few years since I last saw it and am looking forward to refreshing my memory in hd.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Never seen this one. By the time I heard about it, the Code Red DVD was long OOP. Looking forward to seeing it for the first time.
          It's all in the reflexes.

Comment

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/118124/
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

From FB:

"
              Here's a 4k frame from our new MADMAN restoration. You can see all 128,160 4k frames in April at an Alamo Drafthouse near you (dates below)!
              4/7 - Winchester, VA
              4/7 - Vintage Park / Houston, TX
              4/11 - Yonkers, NY
              4/14 - Mainstreet / Kansas City, MO
              4/16 - South Lamar / Austin, TX
              4/23 - Loudon, VA
              4/25 - Lubbock, TX
              4/28 - Richardson, TX
              4/28 - Kalamazoo, MI
              4/29 - Littleton, CO"

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I may need to check this one out again, I was also unimpressed ( bored ) when I caught it on IFC a few years ago.
                https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think I am as intrigued by the 91 minute documentary as I am in the feature itself, haha.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Sad as it is to say, I'm actually happy that other labels than Code Red are getting some of the same titles, such as MADMAN. At least now some of us fans outside the U.S. will be able to get these films.

I have this film from CR, and it's just...ok.

Comment

Pre-order your copy here: http://bit.ly/1GCp426

Release Date: 3rd August 2015
                      Region: Free
                      Format: Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD
                      Starring: Gaylen Ross, Tony Fish, Harriet Bass
                      Directed by: Joe Giannone

THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE ALONE.

Gather around the campfire, and hear the tale of Madman Marz: an ill-tempered old farmer who, one dark night, chopped up his wife and two children into pieces. When the locals caught wind of his heinous crime, they meted out revenge - sinking an axe into his head and hanging him from a nearby tree. But the next day, Marz's body was gone...

Thus the camp counsellor finishes his tale, closing with the warning never to say Marz's name above a whisper, lest the hideously-deformed farmer comes looking for them… Naturally, of course, the first thing that one of the young campers does is to call out Marz's name - precipitating a terrifying night of murder, mayhem and sexy Jacuzzi vignettes!

Inspired by the same Cropsey urban legend which informed its slasher peer The Burning, Madman stands as one of the very best of the camp-based terror flicks and was a clear influence on Hatchet, Adam Green's love letter to the slasher genre.

Brand new 4K transfer from the original camera negative
                      High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
                      Original Mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
                      Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
                      Audio commentary with director Joe Giannone, Madman stars Paul Ehlers and Tony Fish and producer Gary Sales
                      New Audio Commentary by The Hysteria Continues
                      The Legend Lives: Thirty Years of Madman - 90 minute documentary featuring interviews with cast and crew
                      New Interview with producer Gary Sales
                      New Interview with actor Jimmy Steele
                      New Interview with Madman star, Paul Ehlers
                      New Rare Acoustic Recording of the song inspired by his first viewing of Madman, 'Escape From Hellview', written, produced and performed by former CKY frontman, Deron Miller
                      Theatrical Trailers
                      TV Spots
                      Stills Gallery
                      Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Griffin
                      Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
                      PLUS MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

Ian Jane
                      Administrator
                      Last edited by Ian Jane; 03-29-2024, 08:53 AM.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Full credit to the Cult Covers twitter account for this, a pre-cert Beta release from the UK.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CJY1tRyWsAAGo1r.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	348535
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Having recently revisited this via the VS BD, I was struck by how creepy the bit where the decapitated body is dragged off the log by an unseen hand is. Almost calls to mind a similar body dragged off scene in BLOOD AND BLACK LACE. Really unnerving little scene. I go all the way back to the original theatrical release with MADMAN and it still holds up really well for me. No, I wouldn't put it at the top of the list of backwoods slashers but it's got a certain charm and goofiness along with some fairly heavy gore and a decidedly downbeat ending. Amazing how many copies I have of this little slasher that won't die - Code Red and Anchor Bay dvds and the VS BD.
                          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Arrow is giving this a UHD release in the UK soon.

https://www.arrowfilms.com/madman-li.../15310835.html
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                            X