No announcement yet.

The Wonderful World Of The Polonia Brothers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty cool, but couldn't they have put the original cut on DVD as well so I don't have to break out my VCR to watch it?
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• I think they're a little embarrassed of the original cut. It was clear that Todd really wanted to push the sick and sexual elements of the piece. Not that I'm against that, it would be hypocritical of me, but I don't think the Polonia's were as into it as Todd.

I'm guessing that's why the original cut is VHS only. Makes it harder for people to see it.
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• I just posted a new video review of the Polonia Bros. 2004 film Preylien : Alien Predators, if anyone is interested, if not that's cool too. Thanks.
        https://lightandshadowcinematicmusings.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Preylien is amazing. I don't have much to add, but it's amazing.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Watched Monster Movie while on vacation last week. Not their best. Found footage Polonia style just doesn't have the same 'certain something' that their more traditional features have.

Still, the rubber monster attacks were pretty cool. And Kevin Van Sant is always amazing.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• ALIEN SURVEILLANCE came out last week from Wild Eye. Have it but I'm not in any rush to watch it.

Comment

• I went to purchase the SPLATTER FARM big box VHS/DVD combo and I couldn't do it: with shipping and exchange rate it's almost $70.

Comment

• Wow, that sucks. How much was shipping? (Don't know the cost of the tape/disc).
                  Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• The set costs $34.99 and the cheapest shipping is $15.

Comment

• Lousy.
                      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• So there's an IndieGoGo campaign going on now for Mark's latest film, Deadly Playthings.

You can watch a video at the link here:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/d...time-to-play#/

"We're excited to bring you "Deadly Playthings", our loving homage to the creepiness that is horror movies based around dolls such as "Annabelle" and "Magic". The difference with this campaign as opposed most others on IG is that this movie is actually already ALL shot & edited! We are looking to help cover the production expenses as well as wide release costs by offering it here, plus we can do some cool bonus stuff for our hardcore fans. All perks below should ship by April, if not sooner."

"A child's mysterious doll, once home to restless and disembodied spirits, is handed down to the occupants of a new home. The doll, found hidden in the dark recesses of the basement, is adopted by a lonely, near mute, wheel-chair bound girl. Soon the loving family is thrown into a living hell. But the violent deaths and supernatural occurrences bring the doll back into contact with the one person who may be able to help - its original owner. She knows what evil has taken roots within it, and ultimately what the spirit wants. It all leads to an explosive final showdown between psychic and demon, with the young girl's soul hanging in the balance."

Lots more info at the link.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Got my Deadly Playthings disc yesterday. Made me giddy to see my name in the credits. The movie itself? Not Mark's best but fun. I had trouble getting past the lead actor's silly beard and silly pants but if you dig the Polonia vibe and enjoy Mark's recent stuff then it stands to reason that you'll enjoy this one as well as it works on the same level. It's weird, with so many of his films being shot in his house, you start to know the layout of the place after you watch a bunch of these.

I also spent a good amount of time trying to recognize the DVDs and Blu-ray's on the shelf every time the movie went into the bedroom, because I am a big dumb nerd.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              Got my Deadly Playthings disc yesterday. Made me giddy to see my name in the credits. The movie itself? Not Mark's best but fun. I had trouble getting past the lead actor's silly beard and silly pants but if you dig the Polonia vibe and enjoy Mark's recent stuff then it stands to reason that you'll enjoy this one as well as it works on the same level. It's weird, with so many of his films being shot in his house, you start to know the layout of the place after you watch a bunch of these.

I also spent a good amount of time trying to recognize the DVDs and Blu-ray's on the shelf every time the movie went into the bedroom, because I am a big dumb nerd.

I do the same thing when I see a movie collection in a movie!

Great review Ian. I'll check this out.
                              Say HELL NO to Ian Jane's poor review of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

Comment

• Can someone tell me the differences between the original VHS cut and DVD cut of Splatter Farm? I heard the VHS is far more fucked up and twisted but the cut on the DVD is pretty fucking twisted (love the movie btw)

The only scene I know that was removed was a nightmare sequence that was intended for Hallucinations.
                                moviegeek86
                                Last edited by moviegeek86; 05-08-2019, 11:26 AM.
                                Say HELL NO to Ian Jane's poor review of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X