The Wonderful World Of The Polonia Brothers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wonderful World Of The Polonia Brothers

Last night I watched Splatter Farm for the first time in years.

The last time I watched I thought, huh, this sure is gory but it's pretty dumb.

I stand by that, it is gory and it is dumb, but last night as I watched it, it wasn't the gore that interested me so much as it was the sheer determination of the two Polonia Brothers.

They can't act.
    They're weird looking.
    They have funny voices.
    They are not well dressed at all.
    They have bad moustaches.
    Their glasses are too big for their heads.
    They have an odd preference for short shorts and tube socks.

And yet, they're ridiculously compelling. I found myself fast-forwarding through the gore scenes last night to get straight to the Polonia's. Their interactions together and with the weird old lady who plays Aunt Lacey in the movie are so completely alien that you get sucked into their world and hang off of their every word. Don't you? Or is it just me?

At any rate, they need a thread here and now they have one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mark_polonia.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	365604

Name:	PaulPolonia.jpg
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	365605

Name:	splatterfarm6.jpg
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	365606
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Oh, and I forgot to mention the NIAGARA FALLS CANADA shirt worn throughout the entire movie. REPRESENT!

Name:	capture5.jpg
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	347862
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Hard to believe that I've seen 19 films by them (and have 1 or 2 around still to watch). Most are bad with only a couple I consider fair. But, I do have a certain respect for them for going out and making the films they like. When John Polonia passed away there was a hiatus but I see Mark has started filming again, so more will be coming.

Comment

I've only seen Splatter Farm and it had a few interesting moments. Moreso if you watch the original version. It definitely went to places you don't expect. Still a POS SOV flick but it remains oddly compelling.
                    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Lost Polonia Brothers Film Channel 13 being released!

http://www.srscinema.com/subrosa/?p=686

"Sub Rosa Studios / SRS Cinema LLC is proud to be handling another lost Polonia Brother's film, “Channel 13″. How lost is this movie you ask? Well so lost that Mark Polonia had completely forgotten about it's existence until he came across the raw tapes while going through storage. Here's what Mark had to say about the discovery:

“Yesterday, I was cleaning up my storage area, which includes a bunch of SVHS and mini-dv tapes and such, basically most of my overflow raw footage and master tapes. Anyway, there's an oldish bag tucked in a box and I open it, and by God, I discovered a bunch of raw footage for a VHS feature we started after CHURCH OF THE DAMNED, but BEFORE Splatter Farm!!!!!!! I completely, absolutely forgot about it because of the time frame………….it was an anthology of sorts about a kid watching tv and he can only get a channel numbered 13, so he watches these short stories. I have been going through the raw footage and it all appears to be in fairly decent condition. The interesting thing I discovered is a video version expanding/re-creating HALLOWEEN NIGHT, called All Hallows Eve. Some of it is damn impressive and better than HALLUCINATIONS and SF!!!!!!! I'm gonna plow through more of it today and see how much is there. I believe the other story might be an early variation on HELLSPAWN, and another is a rip-off off Motel Hell called SLAUGHTERHOUSE………the project was labeled on the tapes as CHANNEL 13!!!!! This could be the mother of all lost Polonia Bros films!!!!!!!!!!”"

More at the link.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

SRS announced this!

-The Polonia Brother's lost film "Channel 13", forgotten about but found and restored by Mark recently, will be going up for sale as soon as the cover art is done. It will limited to 350 units total over the various formats. Watch for more news in a couple weeks and the presales to go live in about 2-3 weeks.
                        -There will also be 2 double feature Polonia Brother's Blu-Ray release this year, release 1 will feature "Lethal Nightmare" & "Hallucinations", release 2 will feature "Church of the Damned" & "Bad Magic". Both are limited to 200 units each.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Watched Splatter Farm with the commentary. Good stuff. I think I know why I kinda' like the film; it feels like the kind of movie I would have made back when I was 14 or 15.
                          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I think I hate these guys. I'm not sure though.
                            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Who would win in a fight between Irving Klaw and the Polonia brothers?
                              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Working...
                              X