Blood Beat (1983)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Beat (1983)

I consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable when it comes to the Slasher genre. It's a genre I grew up on and still look back with some nostalgia. But I never heard of this one before. Ever. Not even a passing mention.

Saw it yesterday on Red Letter Media's New Year's Eve stream on found myself oddly entranced. Pretty unique Slasher oddity about a girlfriend possessed by the spirit of a Japanese Samurai who goes on a small killing spree. Also she experiences an orgasm every time the Samurai kills.

Also, this was shot by a Frenchman. Shocking, right?

I actually would recommend this one to Slasher and fans of "So bad it's good" flicks. At the very least there's nothing else like it.

I don't feel bad about linking a YT video because there's no official release of this one.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Ha, this is in my 'watch it on the plane tomorrow' folder on my laptop.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I thought this film was very bad and not in a good way. It's like the filmmakers thought they were making high art, which makes the film not only amateurish, but also pretentious and obnoxious.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Clark View Post
        It's like the filmmakers thought they were making high art, which makes the film not only amateurish, but also pretentious and obnoxious.
        Thats what I liked about it!!

THOSE EFFECTS!!!!...THAT ACTING!!! THE EDITING!!!!....Amazing stuff.....I guess I might have just been in the right mood to watch it.....Been a long time since I have seen a CRAPTASTIC horror movie from the 80's....I am gonna search me out some more goodness from the golden age of .....whatever it is!!

Comment

Would make a great Vin Syn release!

Comment

Working...
          X