Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicolas Winding Refn's The Neon Demon

From Twitch.

GAUMONT & WILD BUNCH encounter THE NEON DEMON...

After Only God Forgives (in competition at Cannes Film Festival 2013), Gaumont and Wild Bunch team up again to co-finance and co-distribute the next film by Nicolas Winding Refn.

The Neon Demon reveals a horror tale with a young female driven cast, written by NWR and Mary Laws.

About the origin of the movie, Refn said, "One morning I woke and realized I was both surrounded and dominated by women. Strangely, a sudden urge was planted in me to make a horror film about vicious beauty. After making DRIVE and falling madly in love with the electricity of Los Angeles, I knew I had to return to tell the story of THE NEON DEMON."

Refn's partner, Lene Borglum (Valhalla Rising, Only God Forgives) will be producing under their joint company, Space Rocket.

Principal photography is set to begin in the first quarter of 2015 and will be filmed in Los Angeles, CA. The cast will be announced later this year. Refn's regular collaborators, editor Matthew Newman (Bronson, Drive, Only God Forgives) and composter Cliff Martinez (Drive, Only God Forgives) will be joined by director of photography, Philippe Le Sourd (The Grand Master) on the production of NWR's film.

Gaumont and Wild Bunch will be selling the movie at the upcoming AFM for a 2016 release.

"I'm very excited to continue my wonderful relationship with Wild Bunch and Gaumont on my next film, THE NEON DEMON. This movie is a manifestation of the strong ties between us and will lead to many more adventures," said Nicolas Winding Refn.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Click image for larger version

Name:	THE_NEON_DEMON-thumb-630xauto-51543.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	347214
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh yes...Cant fuggen wait for this one!

Nice to see Refn is not writing this one though.....I feel that Only God Forgives suffered a bit due to his writing..whilst his direction was top notch...Which is why I prefer DRIVE....This will be good!

Comment

Fuck yeah!
        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Killer poster. I don't know he's actually made a great film yet but Refn's the director I get most excited about a new from at the moment.
          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Funny enough I was looking for information on this movie this morning and got nothing new. Seems they changed the title from 'I Walk With the Dead'.

Comment

Also this was supposed to be written by Polly Stenham and Refn, weird.

Either way I'll be looking forward to it.
              Terry C
              Tiger Fists
              Last edited by Terry C; 11-03-2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                Oh yes...Cant fuggen wait for this one!

Nice to see Refn is not writing this one though.....I feel that Only God Forgives suffered a bit due to his writing..whilst his direction was top notch...Which is why I prefer DRIVE....This will be good!
                Looks like he is.

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

The Neon Demon reveals a horror tale with a young female driven cast, written by NWR and Mary Laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Casey View Post
                  Looks like he is.
                  Ah...I mean "nice to see he is not writing it ALONE...."

Hopefully his writing partner can reign him in a bit...

Comment

Danish people should not be allowed to write anything in English.
                    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Excited about any new film Refn makes (saw Drive four times in theater, and Only God Forgives twice)!

Originally posted by Terry C View Post
                      Seems they changed the title from 'I Walk With the Dead'.
                      Was that a guess or a fact? I was wondering if this was the same movie...

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                        Danish people should not be allowed to write anything in English.
                        And, likewise, English people should not be allowed to write anything in Danish!

I heard that this is NOT I Walk With The Dead under a new title..but a differnet picture than he planned to make when he scrapped his original plans.....Might be similar to his original idea, bur definitely read this is a different project..

Comment

It's pretty much the same, then again not much was said about IWWD; aside that it was an all female horror film to be shot in Tokyo(then changed to Miami, then LA) and was going to be written by Polly Stenham. I take it he didn't like her draft, decided to scrap it and re-write his idea with Mary Law and then change the title.

http://www.slashfilm.com/nicolas-win...with-the-dead/ (Friday, June 6th, 2014)

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=39112 (October 21st, 2013)

Comment

A few promo images for this were released and are available to view here:

http://www.cultjer.com/fanning-drips...-calmly-beside
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Speaking of NWR:

Nicolas Winding Refn: The Act of Seeing, out Sept 2015 from FAB Press & NWR (@NicolasWR), words by Alan Jones (@alanfrightfest), cover art.

Comment

Working...
                              X