The Todd Sheets Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Todd Sheets Appreciation Thread

So I recently I parted with a few of my hard earned dollars to purchase this 50 pack of movies from Mill Creek Entertainment...

Click image for larger version

Name:	51+wubGi7jL._SS500_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	365354

And I hear you all shout in unison 'WHY???? THAT COVER ART IS HORRIBLE AND THAT SET PROBABLY SUCKS!!!!'

And in many ways, you would be correct, however, this set contains a few movies directed by Todd Sheets.

DOMINION

GOBLIN

MADHOUSE

NIGHTMARE ASYLUM

PREHISTORIC BIMBOS IN ARMAGEDDON CITY

ZOMBIE RAMPAGE

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Money well spent and worth it for Goblin alone.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I've seen one of the Zombie Bloodbath pictures. SOV trash is kinda' hit and miss with me and it was a miss. I've heard of Goblin and have always wanted to check it out of curiosity.
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Sheets himself hates Goblin. Like totally disowns it and cringes if its ever brought up.

LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

I'm interested in Goblin because I remember the reviewer from a website called Teleport City spoke at length about the ineptitude of the film and how it represents the SOV horror genre.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Goblin is completely terrible and I loved it. Watched the 'DVD' yesterday and had a lot of fun, but then, I was a six pack into the day at that point. Regardless, yes, it is inept and nonsensical but it is also super gory and a great time capsule of the era in which it was made and the movement that it was a part of. The plot makes no sense and one guy in it really looks kinda like Dave Mustaine, which for some reason was cracking me up a lot. The end credits are amazing. Most of the kills are done with power tools, which is not really so interesting beacuse obviously that's pretty common in horror/slasher pictures, but here none of them are cordless but instead hooked up to really long extension cords. Also a lot of people die on the roof for some reason.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                Most of the kills are done with power tools, which is not really so interesting beacuse obviously that's pretty common in horror/slasher pictures, but here none of them are cordless but instead hooked up to really long extension cords.
                Should have got the Porto-Pak.

LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Goblin is also available in this set, which is cheaper.

Name:	$_12.JPG
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	347134
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So last night, in the spirit of the season, when everyone else is asleep I drank a bunch of vodka and cranberry juice and watched Zombie Rampage.

This happens in this movie:

Also there's a fat bartender in a Harley shirt, a wanna be mobster with a 'Noo Yawk' accent who keeps adjusting his suit and fixing his hair, and bad covers of popular songs like Spirit In The Sky.

Jesus is thanked in the end credits as are various Kansas City local businesses.

This may have been known as The Undead at one point, the credits make reference to that. A bad video graphic at the beginning of the movie told me that the version I watched was a special director's cut.

Other things this movie features:

-boob fondling
                    -boob stabbing
                    -no exposed boobs
                    -acid washed jeans falling out of a ceiling
                    -a zombie(?) juggalo

Name:	zomramp-220x220.jpg
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	347605

-lots of gore
                    -bad NOTLD references
                    -lots of hammering

The end.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Todd Sheets fans will be happy to know that Todd is currently re-mastering several of his films, & also plans to release his very early films (like GOBLIN) as double, & triple feature dvds.

Comment

I'd be curious to see how much remastering can actually be done but would definitely be done for some commentaries.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Those who have Amazon Prime, can watch the Todd Sheets classic "DOMINION" for Free!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...wtls_list_pr_4

Comment

Watched Nightmare Asylum last night, it's ridiculous. Not much of a story but it gets bonus points for featuring wax figures of Pinhead and Regan from The Exorcist. It also seems to take place pretty much entirely in a haunted house attraction of some sort. It's gory as Hell, pretty nasty at times, but it's repetitive. The best Sheets movies feature lots of dumb gore AND fun/quirky/dumb characters but this one really just had the gore, the characters didn't matter.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Also it was a weird choice for a Christmas movie but whatever.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X