No announcement yet.

Code Red's Nightmare Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Code Red's DVD. I never felt compelled to upgrade to BD but I really like that screenshot comparison. I'm excited for the 88 films release.

Comment

Well, dirt's been cleaned up (see that dark smudge to the left of the giant G on the sign thaf's only on the CR shot. Or more distinctly all that green mess on the CR print.
      I'm also wondering if that means 88's disc will have those extra little bits from the VHS that CR was missing...

edit: 88's also has more picture on at least 3 sides, especially the right.
      Wernski
      Last edited by Wernski; 09-24-2015, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Thanks Wernski, I see that green smudge now. It was getting lost amidst the dust on my laptop screen. Code Red's transfer is chock full a' the green stuff so will they have removed it all I wonder. And I see what you mean about the additional picture.

Comment

It looks like the 88 version does include the footage that was missing from the Code Red version.

http://www.dvdexotica.com/2015/11/du...n-damaged.html
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

You know? I swear that the extra shot of the killer grabbing the kid by the neck in that shack was in the Bloodsplash VHS. That version also has all of the gore.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I dunno. I'm done with this one, haha. Bought the CR DVD, then the Blu-ray. Not buying another Blu-ray unless I find it dirt cheap. If what I have is imperfect, so be it, it'll do.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                I dunno. I'm done with this one, haha. Bought the CR DVD, then the Blu-ray. Not buying another Blu-ray unless I find it dirt cheap. If what I have is imperfect, so be it, it'll do.
                That's how I feel. Ill get the 88 one eventually when its cheap in a sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  The 'sort of' strange thing about the 88 Films release is that the framing matches that of the second version on Code Red's previous DVD release, which means that the infamous shot in the 'peep show' includes the fairly graphic image at the bottom of the frame of the woman in the peep show, erm, massaging an intimate body part with a, erm, massaging implement.

Though the BBFC have passed far more graphic imagery at '18', given the film's history in the UK and the context in which it appears, I'm semi-surprised that shot got past the BBFC, to be honest. I was expecting 88 Films' Blu to retain the more familiar and 'conservative' framing within that sequence.
                  'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                  'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Maybe it got past them because... it wasn't submitted uncut? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
                      Maybe it got past them because... it wasn't submitted uncut? ;)
                      Hmm. Interesting. The 88 Films' entry still hasn't shown up on the BBFC's database. (As far as I remember, the peep show scene itself never caused any problems before, but obviously it was framed very differently.)
                      Paul L
                      Scholar of Sleaze
                      Last edited by Paul L; 12-08-2015, 03:34 AM.
                      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Some of you may regret sleeping on that 88 Films release - Melon Farmers reports it's being pulled from shelves. Amazon UK has removed the product page and 88 Films have stopped selling it as well.

Apparently the disc "contained material not legally acceptable for sale". Should we be assuming that 88 Films submitted a version with different framing to the BBFC from what they eventually released?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                          Hmm. Interesting. The 88 Films' entry still hasn't shown up on the BBFC's database. (As far as I remember, the peep show scene itself never caused any problems before, but obviously it was framed very differently.)
                          Here we are Paul

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/night...ed-brain-video

Comment

Or maybe it's because a region B/ all region thing?

Comment

Thanks for this - Went down and got one from my local this morning. Still had loads of copies on the shelves. This is one of my favourites so didn't want to miss out on the 100% uncut version

Edit - (Apparently its still not 100% uncut according to the Melon Farmers link above but as uncut as its likely to get)
                              Bogart
                              Last edited by Bogart; 12-19-2015, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Looks like the 88 release is being recalled...
                                "88 Films' UK Blu-Ray release of NIGHTMARES IN A DAMAGED BRAIN has had to be completely withdrawn from sale across the UK this afternoon, as it contained material not legally acceptable for sale .

I had the info from a friend of mine who works at a local HMV, where all remaining copies had to be immediately withdrawn from their shelves and sent back to their supplier. Amazon has withdrawn the item too, as has 88 Films' official website."

http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/nastie...b_it_fast_8663
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X