Blade 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade 4

Nope..its not been announced..but interesting to read about SNIPES wanting to do it...especially after what happened on part 3..

LONDON (AP) — U.S. action star Wesley Snipes is back on the big screen for the first time since his release from prison as he joins Sylvester Stallone and the cast of "The Expendables 3."
    Speaking ahead of the movie's world premiere Monday, Snipes joked that Stallone had him in mind for the first "Expendables" movie but he was "just a little occupied at the time."
    "They reserved a spot for me and when the opportunity came along he reached out again and said come join us, we would like you to be a part of this."
    Snipes was sentenced to three years in prison in 2008 after failing to file income tax returns. He began his jail term in December 2010.
    The movie makes reference to Snipes' time behind bars with a tax-evasion joke in the opening scenes.
    "Whether I do something really funny or really stupid, it is okay with me," says Snipes. "I think that is what life is about. You can't take life itself too seriously."
    "At the end of the day, nobody really cares. You're going to be forgotten anyway. The issues and problems that you think are like mountains that you have to deal with now, after time goes by, nobody cares," he continues. "Might as well have a good time with it."

The 52-year-old actor is currently looking for new action projects, with a return to the blood-soaked universe of vampire "Blade" at the top of his list.
    "A lot of people are calling for it and I would like to do it," he says.
    Seems like jail has loosened up old Wesley and turned him into a fun loving guy!!!

So...what do you think?...Is BLADE good for a fourth entry???

Why not? Fuck it.

Comment

Olde Blade: The Sharpening

Comment

I'd give it a chance even though I thought 3 was pretty awful. Get a decent writer and director, along with a budget. Certainly plenty of stories to tell in Blade's world.
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Does Marvel currently own the film rights to Blade? If so, I'd rather they give it to someone else. Snipes was great in the first two, but the third one was terrible.
          It's all in the reflexes.

Comment

Appears Snipes and Marvel are ' in talks ' relating to bringing back Blade....
            https://www.yahoo.com/movies/wesley-...ail&soc_trk=ma

Interestingly not necessarily about a BLADE 4 ...but maybe as a part in other Marvel movies and such...Glad to see him maybe getting another shot...he should behave better this time though
            sukebanboy
            Last edited by sukebanboy; 07-10-2015, 12:29 AM.

Comment

He just has to remember to pay his taxes, so the US Government aren't forced to deprive us of him yet again.
              "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

So years later, this is still happening (without Snipes in the lead).

New director announced, some more details here:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ie-1235267361/
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh Jesus, is it going to be MCU-ised? '71 was pretty good though.
                  I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

It will almost certainly be MCU-ised, yeah. I'd love to see them go for an R-rating on this, but I'm not going to hold me breath. There's also word that it might bring in Blade's daughter, as she was just introduced in the comics recently, which would likely mean it'll be geared towards a younger audience.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I was surprised at how far that Sam Raimi Dr. Strange movie pushed the PG -13 rating, but there were only sporadic touches of his style in it. Marvel films just use the director as a puppet, so I expect this will be the same. Personally I'd like to see Blade as a cockney as per his origins.
                      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                      X