No announcement yet.

Halloween: The Complete Collection Limited Deluxe Edition Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's quite an improvement! Will they be releasing these separately as well? I only want part 6. It's the first Halloween I ever saw and has always been my favorite of them all.
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

An update on the extras:

Disc 5 (Halloween III)
      - The Tom Atkins commentary from the 2012 release has been confirmed (again).

Disc 10 (H20)
      - Select scenes from the film with John Ottman's original score will now be included as a supplement

Disc 11 (Halloween: Resurrection)
      - Rick Rosenthal's commentary over the deleted scenes and alternate endings will be carried over. Also, the "Web Cam Special", which recuts the Myers house portion of the film to be shown entirely from the POV cams, is now included (along with Rosenthal's commentary). This was a bonus feature that was curiously dropped from the previous blu-ray release of the film, so it's nice to see it restored here for completionist's sake.

Disc 15 (Bonus disc)
      - NEW episodes of HORROR'S HALLOWED GROUNDS - we go back to the filming locations of HALLOWEEN 4, HALLOWEEN 5 (with special guest Don Shanks) and HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS. Plus the original 2005 pilot for Horror's Hallowed Grounds featuring a look at the locations of the original HALLOWEEN.
      - HORROR'S HALLOWED GROUNDS: Fan Edition a special episode shot with, and for, the fans as they board a bus tour, during the 35 YEARS OF TERROR convention, and visit the locations of HALLOWEEN (1978), HALLOWEEN II (1981) HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH and HALLOWEEN (2007). Hosted by HHG's Sean Clark with special guests Dick Warlock, Charles Cyphers, Brian Andrews, Tommy Lee Wallace and Erik Preston.

In addition, the mono track for Halloween III and 2.0 mixes for Halloween 6 (both versions) have been added, in addition to the 5.1 mixes listed before.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
        False Metal.
        Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
          Oddly I've only ever seen the first but that multiple, multiple times. Any of the rest worth looking into?
          Definitely check out Halloween II. Written and produced by John Carpenter and Debra Hill, photographed by Cundey, Jamie Lee and Pleasance are back - its style and atmosphere are as close to the original as anyone has come. The tone is a little more popcorn and the pace is pretty brisk, so it makes a great double feature with the original.

Comment

I can hardly wait for this. Amazing, amazing set. Beside the nonsense of including the RZ films, my only gripe is they aren't including writer Alan McElroy's commentary for 4. The dude is a huge fan of the series and I think his commentary is a lot of fun. I don't understand why they're leaving it out.

Comment

Kaboom!

http://shop.tcm.com/detail.php?p=695827

We'll see if they actually honor that price now that it's been posted all over the place.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I went for it. We'll see what happens. If I get it for that price, I may turn around and sell it to Amazon as a trade-in for other stuff, at least after I watch the producer's cut of pt 6 (which still sort of sucks). Maybe I'll revisit a few others too.

Comment

People on FB are reporting that they have had their orders cancelled.

Sucks, as even though it was a screwup, they should honour the price.m

Quick question: I want to order the set through Amazon...I can't remember - does Amazon usually crank the price up after things are released?

Comment

Well, they cancelled my order and offered me a 30% off code. They can keep it. If you advertise something at a price and take an order for it, you should honor it, mistake or not.

I won't use TCM Shop again.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I ordered early, 5am or so, yesterday and got my cancellation notice about an hour ago.
                      Sucks. They were quick to charge my debit card, though. Now I have to wait until Friday for those funds to be released.
                      Got the 30% code, but there's nothing in the Shop that's calling me.
                      Oh well.

Comment

I agree, they should honor it....unless somebody ordered 10 copies. Then they should get sent a bag of poop.

Comment

The two discs from the1999 AB LE are in the other Halloween cases, the Universal Halloween II blu is in the other Halloween II case, the AB Halloween 4 Divimax DVD is in a double-case with 4, and the bonus disc is in the other double-case with H20.
                          Last edited by J Frank; 09-25-2014, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Best Buy has the set listed for $89 currently.
                            Maybe the rest of us 'scammers' should order one, or 20.
                            I kid.

Comment

Just got a 25% off coupon from TCM, because of "some recent pricing errors" (ie. this set). The large lettered announcement tells me it was "our blunder, your benefit".

I guess, if I decide to order anything from their overpriced, boring selection.

All that being said, at least they offered something, even though this was a face-saving move, plain and simple. Doubt I'll take them up on this, but it's the thought that counts.

Comment

Halloween Deluxe Blu Collection was not the only title they "mispriced". Wonder if any of those orders went through?
                                I'll get this set down the road when it's more affordable, but I can't justify the expense for the handful of films I like in the set.

Comment

Working...
                                X