Predator Trilogy Blu-ray Release Coming In May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    If it's a repackage, will it have barebones grainy transfer, or SE DNR transfer? Who can tell?
    Ha! You beat me to it, Mark!

Comment

By, like, a couple of years!

As for a new Shane Black Predator movie, I dread it. IRON MAN 3 was soooo awful.

Comment

Originally posted by C.D. Workman View Post
        By, like, a couple of years!

As for a new Shane Black Predator movie, I dread it. IRON MAN 3 was soooo awful.
        Iron Man 3 made Iron Man 2 look like Guardians of the Galaxy. I didn't even get five minutes in before I tapped out.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
          Iron Man 3 made Iron Man 2 look like Guardians of the Galaxy. I didn't even get five minutes in before I tapped out.
          The Nice Guys was brilliant though so he's coming off a winner. And I'd actually take IM3 over 2 and GOTG. I think he kind of got that superhero fights are boring and so deprived Tony of his suit at key moments so we didn't get the usual dragged out invulnerable-people-hitting-each-repeatedly that's the hallmark of superhero cinema. Not that it was very good mind.
          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	352263
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
              The Nice Guys was brilliant though so he's coming off a winner. And I'd actually take IM3 over 2 and GOTG. I think he kind of got that superhero fights are boring and so deprived Tony of his suit at key moments so we didn't get the usual dragged out invulnerable-people-hitting-each-repeatedly that's the hallmark of superhero cinema. Not that it was very good mind.
              Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was also brilliant, but Black's comments about superhero movies should have made Marvel tell him and Downey that they were not going to let Black write any Iron Man movies. And, on an admittedly nerdy angle, the way they completely fucked up A.I.M. Has caused problems for the rest of the Marvel movies when it comes to the villain side of things for future Avengers and Captain America movies, as well as Iron Man, which annoys me when the comic setup was more realistic.

Footnote for those who aren't familiar with the comics: A.I.M. was a splinter group of Hydra members who saw advanced technology as the tool to dominate mankind, and were led by Arnim Zola. One more than one occasion, Hydra actually had their plans foiled by A.I.M. and vice-versa, and A.I.M. was responsible for the theft and proliferation of Stark's weapon technologies, leading to the various armoured villains that Iron Man eventually hunted down and destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was also brilliant, but Black's comments about superhero movies should have made Marvel tell him and Downey that they were not going to let Black write any Iron Man movies. And, on an admittedly nerdy angle, the way they completely fucked up A.I.M. Has caused problems for the rest of the Marvel movies when it comes to the villain side of things for future Avengers and Captain America movies, as well as Iron Man, which annoys me when the comic setup was more realistic.

Footnote for those who aren't familiar with the comics: A.I.M. was a splinter group of Hydra members who saw advanced technology as the tool to dominate mankind, and were led by Arnim Zola. One more than one occasion, Hydra actually had their plans foiled by A.I.M. and vice-versa, and A.I.M. was responsible for the theft and proliferation of Stark's weapon technologies, leading to the various armoured villains that Iron Man eventually hunted down and destroyed.
                They actually fixed the Mandarin in a one shot (a short film featured as a DVD extra) where Ben Kingsley is apprehended and told he is going to be shown the real Mandarin.
                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                  They actually fixed the Mandarin in a one shot (a short film featured as a DVD extra) where Ben Kingsley is apprehended and told he is going to be shown the real Mandarin.
                  That is cool, but the A.I.M. screw-up can't be fixed without rebooting things, which sucks. I saw the Mandarin short and loved it.

Comment

There's so much wrong with IM3 that I can't even begin to describe it. It's the one Marvel film I do not own and can't see myself ever buying... because I will never, ever watch it again. I might theoretically watch AVENGERS 2 again (though it's not likely), but never, ever will IM3 play out before these eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by C.D. Workman View Post
                      There's so much wrong with IM3 that I can't even begin to describe it. It's the one Marvel film I do not own and can't see myself ever buying... because I will never, ever watch it again. I might theoretically watch AVENGERS 2 again (though it's not likely), but never, ever will IM3 play out before these eyes.
                      A Whedon allergy has led me to skip both Avengers and tap out of Thor II in less than ten minutes, but I have loved all the rest of the Marvel movies I have seen. Just got Doctor Strange in the mail today and heard great things. Too bad their Netflix stuff is so hit and miss.

Comment

Jake Busey Playing Son of Gary Busey's 'Predator 2' Character in 'The Predator'!
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                          Jake Busey is an odd choice. Do you think that Shane Black is going to do some kind of callback to Predator 2? He'd kind of have to because Jake looks so much like his father.
                          CALLED IT!

Comment

I also like how Shane is acknowledging the very underrated Predator 2. That's a sequel, like Robocop 2, where fanboys just love unnecessarily trashing it.

Comment

I saw P2 in the theater first run. Loved it the, still love it now. Never understood the hate for it. I think it's just the fact that Arnold isn't in it that gets people irked.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I saw the first one in theatre, second one on VHS. I think that the second one was an R, so i couldn't get in. I have to admit that I dig it, but the first one is a masterpiece of 80's awesome. No film could follow that up.

Comment

Working...
                                X