Predator Trilogy Blu-ray Release Coming In May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    The Predator series suffers from the same issue as the sequels to Alien. After the monster has been revealed and killed, what's really left to do with it all?
    Predators has a great idea, a bunch of people brought to an alien planet that is the predators' hunting reserve, it just wasn't very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
      Predators has a great idea, a bunch of people brought to an alien planet that is the predators' hunting reserve, it just wasn't very good.
      I liked Predator 2 and Predators, but by the nature of the story in the first movie, they simultaneously created a cool mythology, but also told all the story there really is to tell at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
        I liked Predator 2 and Predators, but by the nature of the story in the first movie, they simultaneously created a cool mythology, but also told all the story there really is to tell at the same time.
        That is true. But it is also true about nearly every movie series. For example, I love the Zatoichi movies, but the first one really said all that needed to be said about the character.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
          That is true. But it is also true about nearly every movie series. For example, I love the Zatoichi movies, but the first one really said all that needed to be said about the character.
          Not quite the same, I'd say. The monster movies are all about the buildup of the reveal and defeat of the monster, where something like Zatoichi, there is more to naturally flow forth before becoming redundant.

Comment

• The Predator franchise gets a lot of goodwill due to excellent creature design.

Surely Arnold's cheap enough to hire these days to get him back?
            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
              Surely Arnold's cheap enough to hire these days to get him back?
              Shane Black offered him a cameo in the most recent flick but Arnold declined to return to the franchise unless he's the star of the film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaibatan View Post
                Shane Black offered him a cameo in the most recent flick but Arnold declined to return to the franchise unless he's the star of the film.
                As much as I enjoy Arnold's 80s movies, the Predator will always be the star!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                  The only good one is the original.
                  I enjoy the second film. It is almost as good as the original. But after than they are trash. Which is odd cause there is a bunch of good Predator comics and novels.

Comment

• The second one is a lot of fun. Derivative as hell, but so entertaining.

Comment

• Maybe Van Damme should be in the next one...

Comment

• It saddens me when people fail to acknowledge the full-spectrum awesomeness of 'Predator 2'.

Meanwhile, I saw the most recent one ('THE Predator'?) on a plane a couple of years back, and, perhaps it was just the jet-lag and exhaustion getting to me, but I found the first half pretty entertaining, in a you-gotta-be-fuckin-kidding-me kind of way. Really generated a lot of (largely unintentional?) laughs. More than anything, it felt like some goofy Olen Ray/Wynorski type b-movie made with an a-movie studio budget, so.... there are certainly worse things I could have been watching on the in-flight, although I recall the final act/big CGI showdown becoming very gruelling and charmless.
                        https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
                        http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post
                          It saddens me when people fail to acknowledge the full-spectrum awesomeness of 'Predator 2'.

Meanwhile, I saw the most recent one ('THE Predator'?) on a plane a couple of years back, and, perhaps it was just the jet-lag and exhaustion getting to me, but I found the first half pretty entertaining, in a you-gotta-be-fuckin-kidding-me kind of way. Really generated a lot of (largely unintentional?) laughs. More than anything, it felt like some goofy Olen Ray/Wynorski type b-movie made with an a-movie studio budget, so.... there are certainly worse things I could have been watching on the in-flight, although I recall the final act/big CGI showdown becoming very gruelling and charmless.
                          I think there are bits of Shane Black's dark humour that come out which are intentional. But overall a sort of watchable mess. Liked it more than the third.

Comment

• I don't really like PREDATOR 2. It's just kind of a typically loud, sloppy action film from the period. Plus I don't think the Predator is nearly as menacing in a big city setting as he was stalking men in the jungle. In a way, the city dwarfs him to a point that makes him seem less threatening.
                            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Predator 2 was extremely disappointing on release. However it holds up much much better than Predators and The Predator.

Comment

• Looks like the new movie is going to be an origin story.

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/new...good-original/
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X