No announcement yet.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Restored!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There will be 40th Anniversay screenings Lincoln Center on June 21 then IFC Center June 27 & 28.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Screening in LA on 6/28.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

You guys are nuts.
        TCM is a masterpiece

2 is just silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Koukol View Post
          You guys are nuts.
          TCM is a masterpiece

2 is just silly.
          Surely that's the joy of it ;) :)
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
            Surely that's the joy of it ;) :)

:)

I guess if TCM didn't exist I would love 2 but it does and no other film has effected me more dramatically than TCM back in the 80's.
            2 sorta dilutes its effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Koukol View Post
              :)

I guess if TCM didn't exist I would love 2 but it does and no other film has effected me more dramatically than TCM back in the 80's.
              2 sorta dilutes its effect.
              I remember seeing the first and second films via bootleg tapes (this was when both films were still banned in the UK) not long after one another: I think I saw the first film first, and then saw TCM2 not long afterwards. At the time, although there were elements that I liked, my general feeling towards the second film was that it was disappointing: it was not what I expected at all. However, over time I've grown to love it, largely for that reason. The film always kind of reminds me of Albert Finney in SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING: 'Whatever people say I am, that's what I'm not'
              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
              'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Playing the Hollywood Theater in PDX this weekend...

http://hollywoodtheatre.org/the-texa...nsaw-massacre/
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Amazon link.

Some info on this....

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (4 Disc 40th Anniversary DVD / Blu-Ray Combo )

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of this beloved horror classic, MPI Media Group presents the original restored film in an all-new 4k scan authorized by Tobe Hooper, featuring a dynamic new 7.1 surround sound mix and never-before-seen outtakes!

DVD NTSC Region 1
                  Blu-Ray
                  Feature presentation and 3 Commentary tracks (including a new Commentary track by Tobe Hooper

The 4 disc version is 2 BDs and 2 DVDs. The content on the bonus DVDs/BDs is identical and includes …

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Shocking Truth (480p, 1:12:54)
                  Flesh Wounds: Seven Stories of the Saw (480p, 1:11:42)
                  A Tour of the TCSM House with Gunnar Hansen (480p, 8:03)
                  Off the Hook with Teri McMinn (1080p, 17:02)
                  Production Manager Roz Bozman interview (480p)
                  New Deleted Scenes & Outtakes (1080p) **NEW/NEVER BEFORE RELEASED**
                  New interview with actor John Dugan (“Grandpa”) (1080p) **NEW/NEVER BEFORE RELEASED**
                  New interview with editor J. Larry Carroll (1080p) **NEW/NEVER BEFORE RELEASED**
                  Deleted Scenes & Outtakes (480p, 25:24)
                  Blooper Reel (480p, 2:23)
                  Outtakes from "The Shocking Truth" (480p, 7:34)
                  Dr. W.E. Barnes Presents "Making Grandpa" (still gallery)
                  Still Gallery (posters, lobby cards, etc)
                  Trailer 1 (480p, 1:43)
                  Trailer 2 (480p, 1:30)
                  TV Spot 1 (480p, 0:34)
                  TV Spot 2 (480p, 0:35)
                  TV Spot 3 (480p, 0:33)
                  Radio Spot 1 (480p, 0:32)
                  Radio Spot 2 (480p, 0:32)
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It's showing in the Chicago area will be at the end of August at a drive-in not far from me (with two or three other horror movies not yet announced). I'm a little excited... 😁

Comment

The McHenry one?

Comment

Yessir!

Comment

I think Rusty Nails is doing that and he always has good events and films...more than likely will be up there for that, but my schedule is so unpredictable right now, it is difficult to commit...

Comment

Umbrella will be releasing a 40th Anniversary Blu-ray in Australia laster this year.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Does anybody know if the new Blu-ray of TCM is going to have the original mono mix? A 7.1 mix would be nice as a novelty, but it is not the way I would normally want to watch the film.

Comment

Ian, I think your link is for the single disc blu, not the 4 disc

4 disc (blu)
                                http://www.amazon.com/The-Texas-Chai...qid=1407170689

1 disc (blu)
                                http://www.amazon.com/Texas-Chain-Sa...qid=1407170794

1 disc (dvd)
                                http://www.amazon.com/The-Texas-Chai...qid=1407170689

Comment

Working...
                                X