Ti West's The Sacrament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ti West's The Sacrament

I've dug Ti West's work so far, so I'm eager to check this one out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sacrament-Poster.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	364056

There's a very positive early review for the movie here.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Nice. I have been quite happy with West's output so far as well, so anything new from him definitely has my attention.

Comment

I quite liked that ghost hotel movie he made. I forget the title. That trailer makes me think of a no budget film an acquantance of mine made recently. This ones found footage but similar idea:

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

You mean The Innkeepers, Dom? I dug that too.

The Sacrament definitely has my interest. I'm a sucker for religious themed horror films and am fascinated by Jim Jones style cult leaders - this looks to offer all of that and then some. I've been impressed enough with his other films that I'd give it a shot regardless, but thematically, this looks really interesting to me.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Same boat here: Have really enjoyed what he's done thus far and despite the "found footage" style that's totally overdone I'm still interested.
          It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

Jim Jones and the Kool-Aid Kids! Yeah, this looks interesting. I too find the charismatic cult leader aspect fascinating.

THE INNKEEPERS was really good, I've turned a few friends on to that one.
            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I wonder how many people are going to think this is real.
              "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

sucked! basically "copy & paste" of the jonestown massacre with no redeeming value whatsoever.
                It's also a shameful waste of talent for ti west.

Comment

Pretty much what I expected.

Comment

Guess hes trying to appeal to the teenagers who are too young and have no idea who Jim Jones is or what he did....

Mayeb for a sequel they can do one about the Tokyo Cult AUM...at least not many people would know what happened!!

and I must reiterate...FOUND FOOTAGE MOVIES ARE DUMB and unless someone comes up with an interesting way of using this cinematic device THEY SHOULD NOT MAKE ANY MORE OF THEM!!

Comment

Cover art and Blu-ray specs courtesy of Fangoria.

"Fango got the word that Magnolia Home Entertainment will issue THE SACRAMENT, on which Eli Roth was a producer, on DVD and Blu-ray August 19 on the Magnet Pictures label. Joe Swanberg, AJ Bowen and Kentucker Audley star as an on-line journalistic team who trek to a Central American compound called Eden Parish, where a charismatic leader known only as Father (Gene Jones) presides. His congregation at first seem to be living in a utopian paradise, until cracks in the facade begin to show and the frightening truth behind Eden Parish reveals itself. Extras on the discs will include:

• Audio commentary
                      • Cast and filmmaker interviews
                      • Deleted scenes
                      • Making-of featurette
                      • Behind-the-scenes material
                      • “AXS TV: A Look at THE SACRAMENT”

Retail prices are $26.98 for the DVD, $29.98 for the Blu-ray. See our review of THE SACRAMENT here; West discusses the movie in Fango #333, now on sale."

Click image for larger version

Name:	SACRAMENTDISCNEWS1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	346473
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Still haven't watched this. I'm a big fan of House of the Devil and The Innkeepers but it seems like a big departure from his previous work.
                        It's all in the reflexes.

Comment

It's opening at my fave local theater this weekend so I'm planning on catching it. Stoked!
                          It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

So, overrated hipster-core director Ti West has made a movie starring mumblecore maestro Joe Swanberg and intolerable handicam schlock-artist 'Kentucker Audley?'
                            Definite pass...

P.S. if you're unfamiliar with 'Audley,' check out his very self serving site, where you can experience trailers for his 'hipsters in the south' themed mumblecore vanity videos. http://www.kentuckeraudley.com/

And this motherfucker has the nerver to do this like this, as well: http://filmmakermagazine.com/84563-s.../#.U5psPo1dXzc
                            John Lyons
                            Last edited by John Lyons; 06-14-2014, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Lyons View Post
                              And this motherfucker has the never to do this like this, as well: http://filmmakermagazine.com/84563-s.../#.U5psPo1dXzc
                              Ouch. Parody or otherwise it's still a douchey thing to make.

Comment

Working...
                              X