X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Complete Doctor Phibes Coming To Blu-ray

The Complete Dr Phibes [2-Disc Blu-ray]

“Nine killed her, nine shall die, nine eternities in doom!”

Horror legend Vincent Price (The Fall of the House of Usher, Theatre of Blood) is Dr. Phibes, former musician, current murderer. Seeking revenge from the medical staff that left his wife for dead, he sets about knocking them off one-by-one in a series of elaborate murders based upon a Ten Plagues of Egypt. Death by bats, by boils, by blood and more await the nurse and surgeons who failed to save the life of the beloved Victoria Regina Phibes!

A camp classic, The Abominable Dr. Phibes sets itself apart from the seventies horror crowd with its knowing humour and art deco sets, and also prefigures the Saw movies with its increasingly fiendish set of murder devices.

Pairing the original film with sequel Dr. Phibes Rises Again, The Complete Dr. Phibes provides viewers with a double diabolical dose of macabre thrills and black comedy.

Special Edition Contents:
    - High Definition digital transfers of both films
    - Newly created exclusive content
    - Deluxe Edition collector's Box featuring original artwork
    - 100-Page Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film, archive content and more!
    - More to be announced closer to the release date

Release Date: 9 June 2014

Click image for larger version

Name:	1497201_725256217508375_890040623_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	364045
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Pre-orders up on Amazon.co.uk. At £34.99, I think I might hold out for a possible Shout! Factory release of Dr. Phibes Rises Again and pick up the first Vincent Price Collection while I wait.
    It's all in the reflexes.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Bates-Hardy View Post
      Pre-orders up on Amazon.co.uk. At £34.99, I think I might hold out for a possible Shout! Factory release of Dr. Phibes Rises Again and pick up the first Vincent Price Collection while I wait.
      Amazon's preorder prices for Arrow titles tend to start steep and drop as the release approaches - probably as Amazon's way of safeguarding themselves against unexpected increases in the RRP as the release date approaches (their policy of honouring the lowest preorder price has probably bit them on the arse one too many times ).

The preorder price on Arrow's website is much more reasonable, at £19-99: http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/ind...product_id=349
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
        Amazon's preorder prices for Arrow titles tend to start steep and drop as the release approaches - probably as Amazon's way of safeguarding themselves against unexpected increases in the RRP as the release date approaches (their policy of honouring the lowest preorder price has probably bit them on the arse one too many times ).

The preorder price on Arrow's website is much more reasonable, at £19-99: http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/ind...product_id=349
        Thanks Paul! I wasn't aware there was a difference between the pre-order prices on Amazon and Arrow's site.
        It's all in the reflexes.

Comment

I'll get this.
          "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
          - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Full extras are as follows:

Limited edition boxed-set (3000 copies) containing both films and 100-page collector's booklet
            High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of The Abominable Dr. Phibes and Dr. Phibes Rises Again, transferred from original film elements by MGM
            Original uncompressed 1.0 Mono PCM Audio for both films
            Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for both films
            Audio commentary on The Abominable Dr. Phibes by director Robert Fuest
            Audio commentary on The Abominable Dr. Phibes by the creator of Dr. Phibes, William Goldstein
            Audio commentary on Dr. Phibes Rises Again by critic and author Tim Lucas
            Dr. Phibes and the Gentlemen - The League of Gentlemen fondly recall a pair of British horror classics
            Daughter of Phibes - Victoria Price discusses Vincent Price's career
            The Doctor Will See You Now - an interview with Vincent Price's biographer, David Del Valle
            Original Trailers for both films
            100-page collector's booklet featuring new writing on the films by Julian Upton, Martin Jones, Justin Humphreys and Jonny Trunk, the on-set recollections of Caroline Munro, plus interviews with Tim Burton and AIP publicist Milton Moritz, all illustrated with rare and original archive stills
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It's down to 25 pounds now.

Comment

Some more packaging images.

Name:	image007.jpg
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	346387

Name:	image009.jpg
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	346388
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This is looking to be a pretty cool set. I may have to double dip! I just watched these a while ago, but I'm curious to hear the commentaries.

Comment

A whole bunch of screen caps up at DVD Beaver make this set look pretty sweet.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Coming April 12th from Kino.

DR. PHIBES DOUBLE FEATURE (1971-1972)
                      • Four Audio Commentaries by Director Robert Fuest, Author Justin Humphreys & Film Historian Tim Lucas
                      • Radio Spots & Trailers
                      • Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase

From the Acclaimed Director of AND SOON THE DARKNESS!

Name:	FKcs5HRXEAMynpK.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	386569
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Is it me or does that cover make the films look like gialli?

Comment

Originally posted by James Reed View Post
                          Is it me or does that cover make the films look like gialli?
                          Not just you! Definitely a riff on gialli posters.

Name:	MV5BNWMyZjI3YzUtNTQ1Yi00NjkxLWJhODgtZDU2NTYxZjE5MzAzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjIyNjE2NA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX750_.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	386583

Comment

Coming from Umbrella 6/8/22.

Name:	278693832_1657488891260990_3975076356159690456_n.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	391608
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment