Banshee Chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banshee Chapter

Anyone catch up with this one yet? It's getting some interesting reviews...

101 Films put it out on DVD in the UK.

Click image for larger version

Name:	banshee-chapter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	363982

And it comes out this Tues. in the US.

http://www.amazon.com/Banshee-Chapte.../dp/B00GB0OQ3U

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I caught it in October at a festival screening. I liked it. Memorable.

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/s...ad.php?p=76258

Comment

I really want to see this based on the reviews I have read. But it looks like the BD/ 3D BD release has been cancelled, according to people on blu-ray.com. The listing on Amazon has also all but disappeared. Hope we'll still see a BD of it.

Comment

I liked it. Interesting blend of fact and fiction - it starts off using archival footage of experts and public figures talking about real CIA drug experiments and then segues into the fictional plot. Ted Levine plays Hunter Thompson in all but name. Pretty unique blend of horror and conspiracy theory, maybe a little too reliant on jump scares at times but overall pretty creepy and memorable. Worth checking out.
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Did you buy the US DVD, Andrew? It's cheap enough on Amazon...
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'm keen on seeing this but haven't had the chance to yet. Will catch up with it at the first opportunity, however.
            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
            'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              Did you buy the US DVD, Andrew? It's cheap enough on Amazon...
              I did, Ian. Got it at Wal Mart the other day for 10 bucks. That's one thing I have to say for WM, they stock damn near every horror release and sell them at a reasonable price too. They carry way more current horror titles than Best Buy does these days.

You and Paul should check this one out, it's certainly unique if nothing else (and it's got much more going on for it). I'm a sucker for a film that starts out with someone investigating a mysterious disappearance.
              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I watched the DVD tonight and also give it a thumbs up. Fear and Loathing From Beyond. Time to go spin some Conet Project recordings now...

Comment

OK, you guys have convinced me. I'll pick it up.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                  X