Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slasher // Video Releasing Satan's Blade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Four 35MM reels cleaned frame by frame, each having its own 21MB DPX file, totaling 2.58 TB for just the video itself. This will be transcoded in the next few days (that's the plan at least) //"
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Jesus announced the extras for this release today:

Click image for larger version

Name:	10255665_690661127664814_1017689626485134344_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	346200
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looks like he's giving it the Criterion treatment. I'm pretty sure I'll be picking this up as soon as it's available.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure what Jesus is alluding to here but evidently there's been some movement. Satan's Blade might have been pushed back to 2015 though?

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	346890
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'm guessing that they've signed a distribution deal with someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Wood View Post
              I'm guessing that they've signed a distribution deal with someone.

Yeah he hasn't said what's up but he's alluded to Big Things in 2015 on his Facebook page.
              It's all in the reflexes.

Comment

Updated art....

Name:	10498001_721764647887795_5525611857895409454_o.jpg
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	347444

...and as to how it relates to the art used for Satan's Blood?

"The Satan's Blade art was commissioned for US/Canada, so some distributor purchased the art for International release & used it on Satan's Blood. More details about it are on an interview from the upcoming Blu release //"
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Jesus from Slasher // Video posted this on FB:

" I finished Satan's Blade 100% on July 2nd 2014. During that time, I was signed to Olive Films who will be distributing it for me, but they strategically release titles as opposed to releasing it when it's completed as I would. It's done & paid for so it will definitely come out, don't worry."
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    Jesus from Slasher // Video posted this on FB:

" I finished Satan's Blade 100% on July 2nd 2014. During that time, I was signed to Olive Films who will be distributing it for me, but they strategically release titles as opposed to releasing it when it's completed as I would. It's done & paid for so it will definitely come out, don't worry."
                    That doesn't sound so good as far as when we will finally see this. Damn, this one has been in the pipeline for a long time...
                    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

OLIVE FILMS AND SLASHER // VIDEO TEAM UP TO BRING SATAN'S BLADE TO DVD AND BLU-RAY
                      The first of several Olive-Slasher releases, SATAN'S BLADE streets April 28

CHICAGO, February 13, 2015 - Olive Films confirms the 1980s cult horror film SATAN'S BLADE will be released on April 28, 2015. This announcement comes as part of Olive Films' distribution partnership with Slasher // Video, an independent label dedicated to releasing obscure horror films.

Olive Films will remaster and release the entire Slasher // Video catalog on DVD and Blu-ray. Known for its carefully-curated and handsomely-packaged releases of classic Hollywood films on home video, Olive Films is proud to bring the same level of care and affection to Slasher // Video releases. The 30th Anniversary release of SATAN'S BLADE will include several special features. Complete details are to be announced. More film information is below:

'Beware the slash of Satan's Blade'

Directed By: L. Scott Castillo Jr.

Written By: L. Scott Castillo Jr. (original story), Thomas Cue (screenplay)

Starring: Tom Bongiorno, Stephanie Leigh Steel, Thomas Cue

Synopsis: The haunting legend of the mountains becomes a shocking reality when seemingly innocent holidaymakers become victims of sadistic stabbings. Romance and murder are horrifyingly entangled. Satan's Blade will stop at nothing.

ABOUT SLASHER // VIDEO:
                      Slasher // Video was initially started in 2012 with the DVD release of an extremely hard to find 1980s film, DEATH NURSE, which had not been released since its inception on VHS. Today, Slasher // Video continues to build its catalog.

ABOUT OLIVE FILMS:
                      Olive Films is a Chicago-based boutique theatrical and home entertainment distribution label dedicated to bringing independent, foreign, documentary, and classic films to life. Its catalog boasts over 500 titles ranging from Hollywood classics to contemporary titles. More information about Olive Films may be found at OliveFilms.com.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I saw the film a while ago. The poster is the best thing about the movie.
                        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                          I saw the film a while ago. The poster is the best thing about the movie.
                          I agree. It's really not that good. Frankly, I'm surprised that this is getting a Blu-ray release. Does it really have that big of a cult following? Seems like Olive Films is taking a hell of a risk. But I might pick it up anyway just for the novelty of having such a rare slasher film on Blu-ray.

Comment

Final cover art.

Name:	22699417-f782-40d1-8cc3-264.jpg
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	348105
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Coming from Arrow UK in July!

Format: Blu-Ray + DVD
                              Starring: Tom Bongiorno, Stephanie Leigh Steele, Thomas Cue
                              Directed by: L. Scott Castillo Jr.

Synopsis:

AN UNHOLY TALISMAN OF MURDER AND MADNESS

One of the lesser known entries in the annals of the '80s slasher film, Satan's Blade is an eerie slice of US regional terror ripe for rediscovery by horror fans.

Arriving at a snow-capped mountain resort, a group of youngsters are met by the news that a double-murder has taken place there the previous night. Despite this grisly revelation, they decide to stay on, unaware of the knife-wielding figure stalking the wintry landscape... Could the local legend of an ungodly mountain man with a grudge against outsiders have some truth in it?

Shot in Big Bear, California in 1980 but not released until 1984, L. Scott Castillo, Jr.'s Satan's Blade overcomes the limitations of its shoestring budget with a game cast and all-pervasive, creepy atmosphere - key to which is a freakish nightmare sequence that's sure to inspire more than a few sleepless nights.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
                              Brand new 2K restoration of the film presented in both 4:3 (1.37:1) and 1.85:1 versions
                              High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
                              Original Mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
                              Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
                              Brand new audio commentary by podcast The Hysteria Continues
                              Interview with writer-director L. Scott Castillo, Jr.
                              Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Ryan Tobin
                              Fully-illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Brian Albright, author of Regional Horror Films, 1958-1990

DETAILS:
                              RRP: £19.99 £15.99
                              Rating: 18
                              Region: Free
                              Duration: 83 mins
                              Language: English
                              Subtitles: English SDH
                              Aspect Ratio: 1.37:1 / 1.85:1
                              Audio: Mono
                              Colour
                              Discs: 2
                              Cat Number: FCD1336

Name:	SATANS_BLADE_2D_BD-500x500.jpg
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	350314
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Don't think I'll be upgrading this film anytime soon. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X