X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Ignatius

• Ignatius
    replied
    It's not quite the same as the good old pre-cert artwork, but hot damn I never thought I'd see anything like it on a retail release ever again. We live in a world where DVD cases can still be emblazoned with a picture of a woman being threatened by a broken bottle and that makes a sick little part of me very happy.

Leave a comment:

• Alex K.

• Alex K.
    replied
    Last Horror Film is almost good. It's basically Maniac Lite.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1911736_803820876301190_502762706_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	345217

Leave a comment:

• Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze

• Paul L
    replied
    Sort of OT, but 88 Films' TOURIST TRAP Blu-ray has been put back to September! Fudge it!

Leave a comment:

• sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    BLOODSUCKING FREAKS....ANOTHER classic cult movie that I have yet to see......

Just never appealed to me on the numerous occasions I have had to buy / borrow / watch a copy of it....

Leave a comment:

• Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze

• Paul L
    replied
    Originally posted by MarcM View Post
    Electrodes on nipples etc.
    That's the fella. I knew there was some nipple-related violence in there somewhere

It's been so long since I've seen this in full. I must dig out my DVD and revisit it sometime.

Leave a comment:

• Alex K.

• Alex K.
    replied
    I first saw it when I was 12 and I didn't get a lot of the humor at the time up until the Cock Sandwich shot. Over the years of my sense humor developing I find myself laughing with it now. Plus the Eli Roth commentary is gold. I think the only kind of people who would be offended by it are either horror virgins or radical feminists that would bitch if they don't see a woman driving a vehicle in a movie.

Leave a comment:

• Rakesh R.

• Rakesh R.
    replied
    It's about time we get a quality blu ray! There has only been bad looking VHS/dvd versions. I really hope everything is left intact. Although "Bloodsucking Freaks" has a mean streak to it, it's so over-the-top and tongue-in-cheek, I can't see anyone taking it seriously.

Leave a comment:

• Alex K.

• Alex K.
    replied
    Also it's the most famous title it's known by.

Leave a comment:

• Smegma

• Smegma
    replied
    Does anyone know why Bloodsucking Freaks keeps getting released under this title (that was given to it by Troma?). I suppose to obvious answer is because it's Troma releasing or licensing it. Does a print even exist with the original title anymore?

Leave a comment:

• MarcM
    replied
    Electrodes on nipples etc.

Leave a comment:

• Alex K.

• Alex K.
    replied
    No nipple slicing but I think the scene "Her mouth will make an interesting urinal." is at risk. That and the girl scout caning and decapitation.

I think the distributor's only chance is to really sell it as a black comedy (which the film is but it's lost on many I think).

Leave a comment:

• Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze

• Paul L
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignatius View Post
    I haven't seen it in quite a while either, but I don't recall any of the violence being gruesomely sexualised (i.e. NEW YORK RIPPER or HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK). The whole thing is so tasteless and campy that I can't imagine it would contravene the BBFC's policies against sexual violence, particularly given that stuff like SS EXPERIMENT CAMP has made it through uncut.
    There's some abject gruesomeness (a nipple slicing, as I recall). I reckon the BBFC will either take this one as an exercise in camp (like THE GORE GORE GIRLS) and pass it uncut, or they will take exception to it and cut it. Only time will tell, I guess…

Leave a comment:

• Ignatius

• Ignatius
    replied
    The twelve minutes cut out of HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK were way back in 2002 when they were just starting to modernise. It got rereleased a couple of years ago with only 43 seconds of the razor scene missing.

Sexual violence is still their major bugbear, but most older films can get through unscathed unless they promote the myth that women can enjoy rape, or have particularly nasty sexualised violence. The only major cuts I can remember to films in the past few years were HUMAN CENTIPEDE 2, SERBIAN FILM, and the two I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE remakes. Heck, even the ten seconds of explicit penetration in the rape scene in BAISE MOI got through recently. Not that any of this means we should be applauding the censorious cunts for finally making somewhat reasonable decisions, but I'd be surprised if BLOODSUCKING FREAKS runs into any trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Alex K.

• Alex K.
    replied
    I thought the BBFC had relaxed significantly? It's going to be a tough one if Bloodsucking Freaks because -let's be honest here- it's essentially a misogynistic stag film. And the BBFC particularly hates any kind of sexual violence towards women, hence the 10-20 minutes cut out of House on the Edge of the Park.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X