Views:	1
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	363859
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

88 Films...is this a neo-Nazi label?

Comment

They are a British label...

Comment

More specifically, a British label that's been busy releasing the most popular chunks of the Charles Band catalogue over the past couple of years.

Comment

Looking forward to a remastered print finally.
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I still want to know if these guys are Nazis. Or maybe they just think 1988 was really cool.

Comment

From their About page:

Originally posted by 88 Films on their website
              Q. Why 88 Films?

A. We're 80's film fans born and bred, We don't think there was ever a better decade for cult and genre fans. Also if you're as big a fan of a certain Robert Zemeckis series of films as we are, you'll understand the name…..
              Racists.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                From their About page:

Racists.
                Crypto-Fascist. I should know. My father's cousin married a Blackshirt who went to Spain to fight for Franco - and I don't mean Uncle Jess :cuckoo: But enough of this...

I've been quite pleased with the 88 Films BDs that I've bought so far. Looking forward to both of these, and TOURIST TRAP, on BD. I wish that TRANCERS would make its way to BD sooner rather than later though.

I shall buy these. That is all.
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

I can't see the BBFC passing BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS uncut.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcM View Post
                    It's been a long time since I've seen it (the last time was when the Troma DVD was released in the US), but... good point. It'll be interesting to see what happens with this one when it's submitted to the BBFC.
                    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                      From their About page:

Racists.
                      I knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcM View Post
                        I haven't seen it in quite a while either, but I don't recall any of the violence being gruesomely sexualised (i.e. NEW YORK RIPPER or HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK). The whole thing is so tasteless and campy that I can't imagine it would contravene the BBFC's policies against sexual violence, particularly given that stuff like SS EXPERIMENT CAMP has made it through uncut.

Comment

I thought the BBFC had relaxed significantly? It's going to be a tough one if Bloodsucking Freaks because -let's be honest here- it's essentially a misogynistic stag film. And the BBFC particularly hates any kind of sexual violence towards women, hence the 10-20 minutes cut out of House on the Edge of the Park.
                          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

The twelve minutes cut out of HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK were way back in 2002 when they were just starting to modernise. It got rereleased a couple of years ago with only 43 seconds of the razor scene missing.

Sexual violence is still their major bugbear, but most older films can get through unscathed unless they promote the myth that women can enjoy rape, or have particularly nasty sexualised violence. The only major cuts I can remember to films in the past few years were HUMAN CENTIPEDE 2, SERBIAN FILM, and the two I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE remakes. Heck, even the ten seconds of explicit penetration in the rape scene in BAISE MOI got through recently. Not that any of this means we should be applauding the censorious cunts for finally making somewhat reasonable decisions, but I'd be surprised if BLOODSUCKING FREAKS runs into any trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius View Post
                              I haven't seen it in quite a while either, but I don't recall any of the violence being gruesomely sexualised (i.e. NEW YORK RIPPER or HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK). The whole thing is so tasteless and campy that I can't imagine it would contravene the BBFC's policies against sexual violence, particularly given that stuff like SS EXPERIMENT CAMP has made it through uncut.
                              There's some abject gruesomeness (a nipple slicing, as I recall). I reckon the BBFC will either take this one as an exercise in camp (like THE GORE GORE GIRLS) and pass it uncut, or they will take exception to it and cut it. Only time will tell, I guess…

Comment

Working...
                              X