Hellraiser reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellraiser reboot

Couldnt find a thread for this...is there one??

Anyway, check out Clive Barkers FACEBOOK.....he is writing this!

And Doug Bradley is back!

“HOT FROM HELL! My friends,I have some news which may be of interest to you. A few weeks ago I had a very productive meeting with Bob Weinstein of Dimension Pictures, in the course of which I pitched a remake of the first 'Hellraiser' film. The idea of my coming back to the original film and telling the story with a fresh intensity-honoring the structure and the designs from the first incarnation but hopefully creating an even darker and richer film-was attractive to Dimension.
    Well, it will not be a film awash with CGI. I remain as passionate about the power of practical make-up effects as I was when I wrote and directed the first 'Hellraiser'. Of course the best make-up in the world loses force if not inhabited by a first-rate actor. I told the Dimension team that in my opinion there could never be a Pinhead without Doug Bradley, and much to my delight Bob Weinstein agreed. So once the papers are signed, I will open a Lemarchand Configuration, dip my quill in its contents and start writing.

I promise that there will be nowhere on the Internet where the news of my progress will be more reliable than here, because the only author of these reports will be Your Infernal Corespondent, me. My very best wishes to you all, my friends.

I brought it up in the Hellraiser sequels thread but as this isn't a sequel, it can live again as it's own thread.

Glad that Bradley is back onboard here. I never did get around to seeing the one that they made without him in the role. It's the only Hellraiser film I don't own.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I dont know if it is because I got too used to having Doug as PINHEAD...but the new one looked atrocious...so much so that it put me off ever thinking about seeing the film!!!

Nice also to see his anti-cgi approach..Whatever he does would be undone in one second the moment a dodgy bit of CGI entered the movie!!

Comment

Holey moley....

I think Clive could get a part in this reboot himself...as reanimated Frank!!!

didnt realise he had changed so much...has he been ill??

Comment

Yeah, he's had some health problems these last few years.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah..had a bit of a read about it....in a coma and everything!!!

Scary to see his picture now and back in is heyday...but then again, you can say that for ALL of us I guess!!

Comment

Some interesting makeup and development pictures from Barker's designs posted here:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34...-look-pinhead/
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                Some interesting makeup and development pictures from Barker's designs posted here:

Nope....Not having any of that....

The original Pinhead was good enough...and Bradley made it his own.....TBH this new one is not much different...just a different actor......
                Make decent new Cenobites by all means...but PINHEAD will never exceed the original...even 30 years on

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

It's not really different enough. The Pinhead design is pretty much perfect so there's not much to do to "improve" it. The only difference I noticed is different attire (I.E. the skirt is gone) and that's about it.

Clive has been really embracing Hellraiser over the last few years. I'm in the midst of reading the new comics that he's a co-writer on and it's pretty good.
                  "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

So it looks like Lionsgate has this lined up for release 2/13/17.

http://amzn.to/2BnNge6
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I've heard all kinds of things about this one. This was the director's big passion project that he wanted to make for years. I've seen his TCM fan film:

And I don't know what to expect. I was kind of hoping with the recent controversy that the Weinstein company would finally sell off Hellraiser to another studio.
                      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

The new Hulu remake is getting a UK Blu-ray release soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	333822598_186883157309916_4552341305826957091_n.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	410366

Click image for larger version

Name:	333859397_743592447175474_7302559397219125027_n.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	496.3 KB
ID:	410367
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Have they confirmed a Blu Ray? I heard it was DVD only.
                          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I liked the reboot. It's certainly better than most of the Dimension sequels.
                            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                              Have they confirmed a Blu Ray? I heard it was DVD only.
                              Yeah I might be wrong on that.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X