88 Films Releasing Alice, Sweet Alice In 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 Films Releasing Alice, Sweet Alice In 2014

No firm date yet but there is cover art.

Confirmed so far is 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen transfer, audio commentary by Director Alfred Sole, Reversible Sleeve with original poster art and Booklet by Calum Waddell.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1012713_739827552700523_813188381_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	363789

Would prefer this on Blu-ray but this still might be worth getting. It's a good movie.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

It's a terrific horror film, some genuinely disturbing murder sequences but it deserves a blu release. I'll be giving this a wide berth based on the author of the booklet notes. That cover is awful too.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
      It's a terrific horror film, some genuinely disturbing murder sequences but it deserves a blu release. I'll be giving this a wide berth based on the author of the booklet notes. That cover is awful too.
      I second everything Andrew says. It's a very good film. The setpieces are enormously effective. I'm disappointed there's not a Blu scheduled. I never bought this one on DVD for whatever reason (not a good enough domestic release; the US import was too pricey), but I could definitely be persuaded to pick this up if anyone ever decides to release it in HD.
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

I see 88 Films also have TOURIST TRAP lined up for a Blu-ray release in 2014. Has this been released on Blu in the US yet?

'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Not so far, nope.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
            Would prefer this on Blu-ray but this still might be worth getting. It's a good movie.
            As I would since I already have the Hen's Tooth release from 2007 on DVD wich is an ok DVD for me. But if someone doesn't have it already it sure worth a try.

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
            I see 88 Films also have TOURIST TRAP lined up for a Blu-ray release in 2014.
            But I'll sure pre-order that one release day. It will be release on blu in december by Full Moon, but as usual I'm sure the 88 Films version will be the better one.
            Jimmy Simard
            Last edited by Jimmy Simard; 10-29-2013, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Final cover art.

Name:	1669963_803829906300287_1121515293_o.jpg
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	345218
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I am beginning to like these 88films outfit.
                "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

This is getting a Blu-ray upgrade soon.

Name:	Alice_RED_2D.jpg
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	353649

When ten-year-old Karen (Brooke Shields - in her first screen appearance) is killed in church on the occasion of her first communion, her seemingly innocent older sister Alice (Paula Sheppard) becomes the prime suspect. Matters become complicated as more of Alice's family members are attacked, along with residents of her apartment building. Can a twelve-year-old girl be capable of such mayhem, or is someone else with a vicious plan destroying her family?

Starring: LINDA MILLER, PAULA SHEPPARD, MILDRED CLINTON, TOM SIGNORELLI and introducing BROOKE SHIELDS

Directed by: ALFRED SOLE

FEATURES
                  All Region Codes
                  NEW (2018) 2K Scan and Restoration from Positive Elements
                  Restored LPCM Original Mono Audio
                  Optional English Subtitles
                  Original Trailer
                  Restoration Comparison
                  Reversible Sleeve
                  Cardboard O-Ring
                  TECHNICAL SPECS
                  Region Code: All
                  Picture Format: HD 1080p 1.85:1
                  Audio Format: LPCM Dual-Mono
                  Language: English
                  Certification: 18
                  Running Time: 107 Mins Approx
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Last time I watched this I was surprised at how pessimistic and angry it is; almost every character is either mean or depressed and there's so much bickering that it becomes rather exhausting, actually. It put me in a terrible mood. I'm not sure I'd ever watch it again, even though I admire it and it's very well-made.
                    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                      Last time I watched this I was surprised at how pessimistic and angry it is; almost every character is either mean or depressed and there's so much bickering that it becomes rather exhausting, actually. It put me in a terrible mood. I'm not sure I'd ever watch it again, even though I admire it and it's very well-made.
                      Agreed, I haven't seen this since I was about 12 but that was my impression. That morbidly obese guy really creeped me out. Think I'll pick this up just to see what I think about it over 30 years later now I've seen plenty of twisted shit in the interim.
                      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I've seen the film a few times on TCM & the nastiness of all of the characters is what stuck with me. Also, the film is a bit too long. And yeah, the fat guy is creepy disgusting.

Comment

Demo video on the restoration of a funky old print used for the blu.

Caution.....spoilers in this that really should have not be included...so careless.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ztm-3rJSj4
                          https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

That actually looks pretty decent, picture quality-wise.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              That actually looks pretty decent, picture quality-wise.
                              I agree. It looks quite nice, especially considering the print source they had to work from. I think Warner Bros. is still trying to get higher elements for a possible blu ray release in the United States. I honestly don't know how long that's going to take though.

Comment

Working...
                              X