Name:	HELLGATE_2D_DUAL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	363760

Released: 27 Jan 2014

Starring: Ron Palillo, Abigail Wolcott, Carel Trichardt
    Directed by: William A. Levey

Overview: BEYOND THE DARKNESS TERROR LIVES FOREVER

Legends abound of 'The Hellgate Hitchhiker'. So the story goes, a beautiful young woman was once brutally defiled and murdered by a biker gang. Now, returned from the dead, she wanders the roadside luring unsuspecting motorists to their doom…

Refusing to heed the warnings of locals, a group of college friends set out on a cross-country road trip looking for fun and frolics. But they get much more than they bargained for when they wind up in the abandoned mining town of Hellgate and hemmed in by hordes of the undead!

Providing gore and gags in equal measure, Hellgate recalls the good old days of early 90s fright flicks and challenges other gleefully twisted flicks such as Re-animator and Return of the Living Dead for sheer grisly delirium!

Special Features:

-High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the main feature
    -Road to Perdition, B-Movie Style: An extensive interview with Hellgate director William A. Levey
    -Alien Invasion, Blaxploitation and Ghost-Busting Mayhem: Scholar, Filmmaker and fan Howard S. Berger reflects on the intriguing film career of William A. Levey
    -Video Nasty: Kenneth Hall, writer of the Puppet Master series, speaks about the direct-to-video horror boom that allowed Hellgate to become a classic of the cassette rental era
    -Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
    -Collector's booklet featuring writing on the film by Lee Gambin, illustrated with original artwork and stills

Region 2/B
    RRP £19.99
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

At the weekend, I watched this for the first time since it came out and found myself enjoying it quite a bit. It's silly and camp, and in meta- aspect promised in the opening scenes never really developed. But this time round, it reminded me a lot of Fulci's CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD - and lo and behold, that connection is also made on the interviews on this disc.

I watched it in bed, and thought the missus was asleep; but she was actually watching it with her eyes half-closed. A couple of scenes scared the bejesus out of her; she'd never seen it before and now wants to see the whole film again.

It's no classic, but better than I'd always thought it to be.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

This is now out of print.

Diabolik have 3 left in stock. Arrow is sold out.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Unobstructed View are putting this out on Blu-ray in June.

https://unobstructedview.com/hellgat...k0922-web.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	344221301_9563193137024402_1018308779272862638_n.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	413661
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The most fun thing with this movie is actually on the directors commentary, when William Leavey bluntly says they had a lot of pretty good actors audition, but went with worse ones, as their main criteria was that the actors hired could speak with american accents.
          "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Working...
          X