ID:	363759

Arrow Video: Hell Comes to Frogtown
    Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD - £9.99
    Cat No: FCD849

Released: 27 Jan 2014

Starring: Julius LeFlore, RCB, Roddy Piper
    Directed by: Donald G. Jackson, R.J. Kizer
    Rating: 15

Overview: With the 20th Century drawing to a close, nuclear war has wiped out civilization as we know it. The embattled human race's last remaining hope lies with one man and his loaded weapon.

Sam Hell may be an ex-con, but he also happens to be one of the last surviving fertile men on the planet. Now, under the custody of a group of feisty female fighters, Sam finds himself enlisted on a mission to impregnate a harem of beauties. Sounds cushy enough, but the ladies in question are prisoners of Frogtown - home to a gang of mutant (and ill-mannered) amphibians!

Starring wrestler-turned-actor Rowdy Roddy Piper, known to John Carpenter enthusiasts for his body-slamming and bubblegum-chewing antics in They Live, Hell Comes to Frogtown is unashamedly a B-movie through and through with more guns and girls than you can shake a frog's leg at.

Special Features:
    -High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
    -Grappling with Green Gargantuans: Wrestling icon "Rowdy" Roddy Piper speaks about his leading man turn in Hell Comes to Frogtown
    -Amphibian Armageddon: Actor Brian Frank remembers his role as Commander Toty
    -Creature Feature Creator: Effects wizard Steve Wang reveals the secrets behind Hell Comes to Frogtown's mutant manifestations
    -Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork by Jeff Zornow
    -Original Trailer
    -Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and critic Calum Waddell

Region 2/B
    rrp £19.99
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Watched this over the weekend, parts were familiar and parts were not so I'm honestly not sure if I had seen it all the way through prior. It's good, goofy fun. Piper is just really enjoyable to watch here and the frog make up is kinda cool. Has anyone else watched the Arrow disc? If so, have you watched the interview with Piper on it? I think he's hammered in it.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      Has anyone else watched the Arrow disc? If so, have you watched the interview with Piper on it? I think he's hammered in it.
      Probably the only way they could get him to sit through it and comment!!!

NEVER seen this movie...Saw the trailers back in the day...but never went for it....

Comment

Though I prefer They Live overall to Frogtown, Piper is more Piper in this one and that's always was good thing.
        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

It's been OOP for a while now but Arrow is repressing it. This, along with the equally long OOP Hellgate, will be back in print via Arrow UK in Dec.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I saw half of it as a kid and liked it. I tried watching it as an adult and couldn't make it through the first act.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Working...
            X