No announcement yet.

The Amityville Horror Trilogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw "Amityville: The Evil Escapes" when it was a TV movie with that title. On VHS it was re-titled "Amityville 4: The Evil Escapes" and given a R rating, and on DVD it was re-titled again as "Amityville Horror: The Evil Escapes". I remember a DVD with the sixth movie removing the 1992 from the title, for some odd reason. Just putting this out there for anyone reading my words.

Comment

Coming soon from Screenbound in the UK.

The Evil Escapes (1989), It’s About Time (1992), A New Generation (1993) and Dollhouse (1996)

EXTRAS

Disc 1 (includes a new 5000-word booklet on the AMITYVILLE franchise):

AMITYVILLE THE EVIL ESCAPES / AMITYVILLE IT’S ABOUT TIME:
      NEW: Audio commentary by Bryan Norton, author of “FOR GOD’S SAKE, GET OUT!” The Amityville Horror at the Movies book, moderated by Calum Waddell
      NEW: Interview with producer Steve White
      NEW: Interview with film historian David Del Valle on the life of legendary EVIL ESCAPES actress Patty Duke
      NEW: Ocean Avenue Effective – Interview with Especial Effects artist Richard Stutsman
      NEW: Film critic Kim Newman on the AMITYVILLE HORROR franchise

Disc 2 (4x post cards):

AMITYVILLE A NEW GENERATION / AMITYVILLE DOLLHOUSE
      NEW: Film critic Kim Newman on the ‘true haunting’ horror film genre.
      NEW: Audio commentary with director/producer Daniel Farrands (AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING, THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS), moderated by Calum Waddell
      NEW: Interview with director Steve White
      NEW: Interview with cinematographer Thomas L. Callaway

Click image for larger version

Name:	278306641_1653621008314445_3153512912697500868_n.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	391281
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Coming soon from 88 Films.

Name:	406493336_841828044571775_3488503799914054134_n.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	424056
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Once you find out it's all fake, it just really makes it a bit of a slog. IMO, anyway.

Comment

Yes, I find the first very slow these days. Even the second one, which is my favourite, is pretty slow. Prime example of a franchise that I don't quite understand why I watch them. I draw the line at anything that dates beyond the remake however. They're not big or clever.
            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
              Yes, I find the first very slow these days. Even the second one, which is my favourite, is pretty slow. Prime example of a franchise that I don't quite understand why I watch them. I draw the line at anything that dates beyond the remake however. They're not big or clever.
              The Damiano Damiani directed Amityville 2: The Possession still holds up, in my opinion. Great film. Haven't seen these other ones in quite a while.

Comment

I still like the first film, but it's been a few years since I've seen it. The third is fun. The fourth, sixth and eighth are all watchable. I can't stand the fifth and seventh, nor the 2005 remake. I haven't watched any beyond this, and I'm not sure I want to.

Comment

From 88's FB page:

"Slight delay in manufacturing but the confirmed release date is now March 18th

We are also offering a strictly limited edition, only available from our website featuring exclusive artwork from Devon Whitehead, a premium soft-touch slipcase, double-sided fold-out poster and a picture booklet."

Name:	426275297_889597559794823_6993194909946190033_n.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	427920
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by James Reed View Post
                    I still like the first film, but it's been a few years since I've seen it. The third is fun. The fourth, sixth and eighth are all watchable. I can't stand the fifth and seventh, nor the 2005 remake. I haven't watched any beyond this, and I'm not sure I want to.
                    I meant to comment on your post when you first made it, because I wanted to recommend the 2017 Blumhouse production AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING, if you haven't seen it by now. I suppose a complaint could be lodged against it that it didn't really need to use this setting for its storyline, which involves an exploration of the fascinating phenomenon known as locked-in syndrome. I thought it was pretty memorable.
                    VHS will never die!

Comment

Working...
                    X