Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synapse Is Releasing Curtains... & Prom Night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synapse is a bit too enamored of mediocre slashers. INTRUDER is kind of lame as is PROM NIGHT and yeah CURTAINS.

The only one I can say I legitimately love is THE DORM THAT DRIPPED BLOOD.

Comment

^^ I wish they were more enamored with mediocre slashers. There's far too many still unreleased on disc. And I'll buy any slasher Synapse put's out.

I love INTRUDER but thought THE DORM THAT DRIPPED BLOOD was too slow and poorly acted (even by slasher standards). It's worth seeing but I can't imagine revisiting.

Comment

Intruder is pretty good actually. Saved by gore, premise and camera work.

Now if they released The Mutilator then you'd have a case.
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason C View Post
          ^^ I wish they were more enamored with mediocre slashers. There's far too many still unreleased on disc. And I'll buy any slasher Synapse put's out.

I love INTRUDER but thought THE DORM THAT DRIPPED BLOOD was too slow and poorly acted (even by slasher standards). It's worth seeing but I can't imagine revisiting.
          I'm the opposite. Thought INTRUDER had good kills but was boring otherwise while DTDB had great kills, Daphne Zuniga and a fantastic ending.

I'd rather see something like NIGHT SCHOOL on Blu that has a bit of a psychological edge than these more mundane slashers.

Comment

Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
            I'm the opposite. Thought INTRUDER had good kills but was boring otherwise while DTDB had great kills, Daphne Zuniga and a fantastic ending.

I'd rather see something like NIGHT SCHOOL on Blu that has a bit of a psychological edge than these more mundane slashers.
            The ending and two kills are what saved DTDB from being a complete waste.

NIGHT SCHOOL is one of my favorite slasher films. If you exclude some of the big franchises it might be in my top 3. I have the nice looking Warner MOD so I'm not sure if I'd upgrade if a BD came out.

Comment

I love Night School, but I'm content with my Warner MOD disc for now. It looks better than a lot of DVDs, surprisingly.

I wish The Prey, Blood Rage, Fatal Games, Silent Madness, House of Death, Dear Dead Delilah, Satan's Blade, The Final Terror, Killer Workout, Hide and Go Shriek, The Slayer, Blood Frenzy, Night Warning, Terror on Tour, Honeymoon Horror, Ghost Dance, Evil Judgment, Blood Beat, Body Count, To All a Good Night, The Ghastly Ones, Return of the Family Man, Massacre At Central High, Poor White Trash II, Blood Voyage... those would come out. It'd be amazing.

As for Synapse releasing mediocre slashers... I'm glad that PN, Curtains and Dorm are considering mediocre to y'all. If only that were the case... compared to today they're quite above average with their little touches.

I'd rank them like: Curtains, Prom Night, Dorm That Dripped Blood... but I love all three.

I used to love Intruder, but that film is OBNOXIOUSLY directed. It doesn't have artistic merit, it TRIES to have it. The gore helps but it's not as good as the others. Kills are the only real selling point for me.

Comment

I'm willing to stand up any director who frames a shot from inside a rotary dial telephone. I wouldn't say it was obnoxious, but it is ridiculous. Frankly I don't think INTRUDER would work if it'd been played straight. As for DTDB, if you watch it as a particularly ambitious student film (which it is) it's rather impressive. It didn't blow me away but the ending was enough to send me away with fond memories. Neither of them are top tier, but I tend to conflate mediocrity with boringness, and neither qualify in that regard.

The Prom Night films have only been available in budget DVD editions locally so I've avoided them. It'll be good to have a nice Synapse quality presentation as my entry to the series.

Comment

"A word of warning for Synapse Films fans. Our title hasn't been announced, this is not our cover (we're using original poster art) and, since it hasn't even been produced it certainly isn't going to be 2013... and it isn't even determined, at this point, if it will be a combo or separate Blu and DVD releases. Also, the description is for the wrong movie, if all these things weren't big enough red flags already."

Relates to this link.

Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqFHJ!8FHTWh57-rBR8(WFv(rQ~~60_3.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	343815

Very strange. Gotta wonder who would go to the trouble of doing all of that...
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I like that cover art though.

Comment

I hope that the same bogus scam doesn't apply to Mondomacabro's How to seduce a virgin which is now up on amazon?

Comment

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                        I hope that the same bogus scam doesn't apply to Mondomacabro's How to seduce a virgin which is now up on amazon?
                        Since Jared A. posted that link himself I would assume it's legit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius View Post
                          Since Jared A. posted that link himself I would assume it's legit.
                          I wasn't talking about the legitimacy of the link or the poster. The fact that someone is able to get away with selling "pre-orders" complete with faux artwork, using Synapse in its description is worrying, in the sense that if they have latched onto that then who says what they are capable of doing.

But my apologies to Jared A. I'm not overly familiar with certain posters yet and sometimes find it hard to understand what and who they are connected to. I mean How to seduce pre-order suddenly appearing on Amazon with no fanfare, sent alarm bells ringing when Prom night pre-order suddenly appeared on ebay, and Synapse announced it was bogus.

But it seems very legit.
                          Lalala76
                          Last edited by Lalala76; 07-29-2013, 05:04 AM.

Comment

I'd be less worried about Amazon pre-orders. Anyone can mock something up and list it on eBay, whereas I would imagine that only the distributor could get something listed on Amazon.

Comment

Recently I re-watched the original Prom Night and I have to say it's a pretty well done Slasher. I like how it plays out pretty realistically with a killer who is not super human. Good film. Feels more like a Gialli then a Slasher.

Comment

Don just posted this on FB, I guess they've found some trims from Prom Night.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1601194_10152561276643572_1666577565_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	344970
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X