Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synapse Is Releasing Curtains... & Prom Night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

I actually really like the first Prom Night, so I'm happy about this.
    Yeah, it's pretty good, and the disc I have is a shit show. Will I remember this come upgrade time? Probably not.

Comment

I never liked the first PROM NIGHT but I remember watching it as a kid and the opening scared the crap outta me. I've poo-poo'd it for a while but it's been so long since I last seen it (20 years?) it deserves a rewatch. I do love all the sequels.
      "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

I think the first PROM NIGHT is a quintessential slasher - you've got your tragic event from the past that comes back to bite the perpetrators in the ass, a few red herrings on hand to draw suspicion (at least one hilariously so), Jamie Lee Curtis, a few good stalking scenes - the one in the darkened school hallways is the standout imo, and a scattering of kills. Not a lot of gore but that never really bothered me (and you do get a severed head roll). I don't think it's one of the best or anything but if you're a fan of 'em it's got all the necessary ingredients (including a hefty sprinkle of cheese). Another bonus for me is that Ann-Marie Martin is in it, as the bitchy one. She was also in THE BOOGENS, first came to my notice on DAYS OF OUR LIVES.
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I like "Curtains" quite a bit.
          "We can't all be God's kids, some of us are Satan's."

- Cage

Comment

From FB: "The masked CURTAINS killer! Frame scan from the 35mm Interpositive."

Click image for larger version

Name:	1073096_10152096482488572_8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	343719
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Name:	cyr.jpg
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	343720
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Okay. Now I want to buy CURTAINS.
                "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
                  Okay. Now I want to buy CURTAINS.
                  Same here. Those look pretty swell. Thanks for posting, Ian!
                  I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

That looks incredible!

Comment

Just rewatched PROM NIGHT for the first time in a long long time and I gotta say I was wrong, I really enjoyed it! Funny that when I was going through my manic dvd buying phase in the early to mid 2000's that I grabbed any classic slasher I could get my hands on but continually danced around (no pun intended) this flick. I'd even put it slightly above similar fare like TERROR TRAIN and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.

I'm gonna have to go back and reevaluate what else I may have missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                        I think the first PROM NIGHT is a quintessential slasher - you've got your tragic event from the past that comes back to bite the perpetrators in the ass, a few red herrings on hand to draw suspicion (at least one hilariously so), Jamie Lee Curtis, a few good stalking scenes - the one in the darkened school hallways is the standout imo, and a scattering of kills. Not a lot of gore but that never really bothered me (and you do get a severed head roll). I don't think it's one of the best or anything but if you're a fan of 'em it's got all the necessary ingredients (including a hefty sprinkle of cheese). Another bonus for me is that Ann-Marie Martin is in it, as the bitchy one. She was also in THE BOOGENS, first came to my notice on DAYS OF OUR LIVES.
                        Lack of gore doesn't bother me, and these days I prefer more of a slow burn. I liked the characters, especially the fat kid with the van.

I was pleasantly surprised to to see Ann-Marie Martin in it. She's a favorite of mine playing Clea in the live-action DR STRANGE pilot. She was great in PROM NIGHT as the bitchy girl. Really made the movie for me.

Thanks guys, it always feels good to reevaluate a movie and come away with a new found appreciation.

Comment

Cover art for Curtains and a grab from Prom Night.

Name:	curtains_blu.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	343731

Name:	21377_653827131311962_1912754126_n.jpg
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	343730
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Gettin' a total vag vibe from the Curtains artwork.

Comment

Haha, yeah, I can see that.

Another Prom Night grab.

Name:	1008582_655710031123672_2058171514_o.jpg
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	343732
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I always assumed my Prom Night DVD was super awful because of the soft, gauzey look it has, but it seems that's how it's supposed to be. Gives it a dreamlike feel. Threw it on last night, but zonked after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X