Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synapse Is Releasing Curtains... & Prom Night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synapse Is Releasing Curtains... & Prom Night!

They just made this post on FB...

"Today, we begin the process of, what we hope to be, the 2K restoration on CURTAINS. We're the first people to crack open these cans since 1983. Fingers crossed."

Click image for larger version

Name:	1070112_653207481373927_652817961_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	363537
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Nice! I've still got my old VHS release of this one. It'll be nice to upgrade it, finally.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Synapse Is Releasing Curtains

Cool-a-MUNDO! I love this piece of tax shelter mediocrity.

Comment

Cool. I have this on some shitty four pack. Was fun for what I remembered.

Comment

Synapse Is Releasing Curtains

Originally posted by Paul Casey View Post
          Cool.
          Plagiarist.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Casey View Post
            Cool. I have this on some shitty four pack. Was fun for what I remembered.
            I held off getting that because the quality was so awful. But I still kinda wish I did. Now I don't have to!
            "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Originally posted by Clive Smith View Post
              Plagiarist.
              haha True. You mean, you don't feel honored?

Comment

I also got that crappy 4 pack with it. Will upgrade to the Synapse release.

Comment

Yes indeed, this is great news. Surprising too, this is one I really thought we would never see get a legit release. That 4 pack release is an abomination, my tape converted to dvd-r looks much better.
                  I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Don't mean to rain on your parade but it's a pretty average Slasher. Has a nice nihilistic ending though.
                    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                      Yes indeed, this is great news. Surprising too, this is one I really thought we would never see get a legit release.
                      Not for me.... remember when I said I knew what were the two titles. BTW the Echo Bridge release (in the Midnight Horror Collection) was a legit one since they own that film. Don't expect too much from the upcomming Synapse release as no good film materials for this film survived, at best you'll get a very dammaged print.

The other film will be less problematic, but it's not a great canadian film and the sequel is much better.

Comment

Damaged prints are better than VHS-rips. Woohoo! It will be like watching a Code Red disc at worst, which isn't bad. So happy about this.

Best news for horror in a while. And I can't wait for Prom Night either. It's not my favorite 80s slasher by a long shot, but it's a semi-classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Boy View Post
                          Damaged prints are better than VHS-rips.
                          Sure it is. It's just that some people hope too much, not here but I've read BR request already at other places and it won't happen with that title. Unless a fortune is spend to restore a battered print and if it indeed happen you can bet on a costly limited release (wich doesn't sound like a good move to me for that movie).

Originally posted by Body Boy View Post
                          And I can't wait for Prom Night either
                          Did I talk too much (my hint was probably obvious) or Synapse announce it already?

Comment

I don't think they've announced it, but Synapse doing CURTAINS makes PROM NIGHT an obvious guess at what the second title is.

Comment

So yeah, it wasn't a very well kept secret but it's pretty much official now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1045010_527394847326984_2111187610_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	343694

I actually really like the first Prom Night, so I'm happy about this.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X