Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synapse Is Releasing Curtains... & Prom Night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't we all wish we got some trim on Prom Night!

ZING!
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

I never went to prom. :(
      "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        I never went to prom. :(
        I got in trouble with my date when a friend and I went on a beer run not realizing that we'd just ditched our girlfriends for beer just as the ever important 'slow dance' was coming up.

Also we had a Eric Clapton 'Wonderful Tonight' themed prom, which was fucking stupid.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          Don't we all wish we got some trim on Prom Night!

ZING!
          Haha, there's a word (trim) you don't hear much anymore. I think you have to be of a certain age to even know that one. ***In ROAD WARRIOR Aussie accent*** "Remember trim?"

We went long enough to get our pictures taken at the prom and then skeedaddled toot sweet for more important things like drinking.
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Celia Rowlson-Hall captures the full prom night experience in 8 minutes:

http://vimeo.com/crh/prom

Comment

"Some TV footage from the original television broadcast of PROM NIGHT has been uncovered (in our search of various boxes in the vault). Neat stuff. Need a breakdown of all the alternate TV scenes to see if we have everything. Anyone have a list of the differences?"

Click image for larger version

Name:	1523677_10152598564008572_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	345153
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

From Don's FB page:

"It's things like this that make me proud of what I do for the horror genre. This is a "before" and "after" shot from PROM NIGHT. The top is a blown out, not 100% corrected, image with film damage from a horrible splice (believe me, the PROM NIGHT negative was TRASHED). The bottom is the corrected image. Not all companies go to the trouble to fix things like this and, when Synapse does, the bills certainly hurt, but we feel quality over quantity is much more important. We may not put out things as fast as some of the other folks, but this example is just one of the many reasons why we take our time."

Name:	10294420_10152822527128572_.jpg
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	346193
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Prom Night
                  Label: Synapse Films
                  Prebook: 08/12/2014 Street Date: 09/09/2014

Blu-ray
                  SRP: 24.95 UPC: 654930316597 Cat: SFD0142
                  Run Time: 92 Minutes
                  Language: English Color Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1
                  DTS-HD MA 5.1 Surround Region A

DVD
                  SRP: 19.95 UPC: 654930316696 Cat: SFD0143
                  Run Time: 92 Minutes
                  Rated R Language: English Color Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1
                  DTS-HD MA 5.1 Surround Region 1

Rated R Genre: Horror Production year: 1980
                  Director: Paul Lynch
                  Stars: Jamie Lee Curtis, Leslie Nielsen, Eddie Benton

Jamie Lee Curtis (the "HALLOWEEN" film series) and Leslie Nielsen ("THE NAKED GUN" film and TV series, FORBIDDEN PLANET) star in this celebrated "slasher" horror classic. Four Hamilton High seniors are hiding a terrible secret. What happened to Robin Hammond six years ago was a game that turned into a horrible tragedy, and someone saw what they did... someone waiting for gruesome revenge! Wearing a black hood and wielding an axe, a killer brutally slaughters the teenagers one by one at their high school prom. As the spotlight falls on the newly crowned prom king and queen, the psychopath will show everyone his new favorite game to play... Are you ready for a bloody night of "Disco Madness"? Synapse Films is proud to present PROM NIGHT in a beautiful new version, remastered and restored in 2K from the original 35mm camera negative with an all-new 5.1 surround mix.

Bonus Features:
                  Brand-New 2K High-Definition Transfer from the Original 35mm Camera Negative
                  New 5.1 Surround Remix Specifically Created for This Release (Original 2.0 Mono Included)
                  Audio Commentary with Director Paul Lynch and Screenwriter William Gray
                  THE HORRORS OF HAMILTON HIGH: The Making of "Prom Night" -- Featurette
                  Collection of Additional Scenes Added for Television Broadcast
                  Never-Before-Seen Outtakes from "Prom Night" [Exclusive to Blu-ray]
                  Motion Still Gallery [Exclusive to Blu-ray]
                  Original Theatrical Trailer & Television Spots
                  English Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing

Name:	image1.jpg
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	346653
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Curtains seems to be a smashing success for Synapse.

Synapse posted the following on their facebook page:
                    It sold out last week most places and Amazon has gotten in one of their two reorders already. I think their second reorder came in today. No one, including us, had ANY idea how fast this one would sell out. Even WE have since sold out of our warehouse copies and are repressing both the BLU and DVD. Not in years have we ever had a disc this successful. But, Harbor Master, we have some sitting in our office that we'd be happy to sell you over the phone if you have a credit card. Call Jerry Chandler at 734-494-3502 and place an order with him. We can get one out to you, but our supply IS limited until we get more in this week.

Comment

Working...
                    X