Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day Of The Dead Remake

From Slashfilm:

"There's a remake — another one! — brewing of George Romero's original 'Dead Trilogy' capper Day of the Dead. The third film in the loose series of zombie films that also features Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead, the film was last remade in 2008. Producers with some remake experience are behind this one: Lati Grobman and Christa Campbell, who produced Texas Chainsaw 3D, picked up the Day of the Dead remake rights.

The LA Times says the film will be budgeted in the $10m-20m range, with a hopeful 2014 release date. Campbell, who had a minor role in the '08 Day of the Dead remake, told the LAT,

"We want to keep it as close to the Romero version as possible, to make sure that his fans are happy. These are not going to be zombies climbing walls and doing back flips like in 'World War Z.'"

The producers are out to writers now. Presumably that intent to honor Romero means we'll see a story that features the basic setup of the original, in which soldiers and scientists take refuge in a bunker. As the undead swarm outside, experiments take place within the bunker walls on a captive zombie, the better to understand the undead plague."

Normally this would make me shake my fist at the sky and yell but I guess since I really liked the Dawn of the Dead remake it doesn't bug me so much. Still seems kinda pointless though.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

But...they just did one. Why do they need to do another one?

Comment

Money would be my guess.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'm still intrigued, but I would be more than intrigued if it was announced as Twilight of the Dead (and to be honest might be a good thing if Romero wasn't involved).

Comment

Man, that earlier remake of DAY OF THE DEAD was the dregs...I say the following as a zombie movie fan par excellence - this is one played out genre. The only way I would be remotely interested in this would be if they intended to film the original script.
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
            Man, that earlier remake of DAY OF THE DEAD was the dregs...I say the following as a zombie movie fan par excellence - this is one played out genre.
            I know that it's always been trendy to talk about how "I was into this before everyone else was into this and it's not cool anymore", but agreed. The zombie genre has been done to death. Somebody needs to shoot it in the head.

Comment

Would be interesting if they follow the original script.
              "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

The first remake was rad!!! :cuckoo:

Comment

You really like to get slapped, don't you?

Comment

Just call me Slappy White!

Comment

Ben's on a roll today. :D

Comment

Thanks! I'll be here day! Don't forget to tip your waitresses!

Comment

Slap.

Comment

It would be cool if they could take the unused "island" script---the massive 156-page version, not the commonly-seen 104-page version that was Romero's last desperate attempt to get his original concept down to fit the budget before scrapping it. It would need a rewrite/overhaul, but it would complement the original nicely and give the producers a hell of a marketing angle:

"Finally, zombie-master George A. Romero's ORIGINAL vision has made it to the screen!"

Comment

And slap Romero's name on as exec producer/co-writer (or "story by") and they can rouse the faithful who will still patiently and respectfully give each new Romero film a viewing.....

Comment

Working...
                              X