No announcement yet.

the original Night of the Living Dead (1968) and its sequels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, someone's doing a 'sequel' to Night that actually sounds a lot like a sequel to Day with the three survivors playing similar roles. It will inevitably suck but at least there'll be some familiar faces. I wonder if we'll be treated to that outrageous Jafakean accent again?

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...dead-2-teaser/
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
      Okay, someone's doing a 'sequel' to Night that actually sounds a lot like a sequel to Day with the three survivors playing similar roles. It will inevitably suck but at least there'll be some familiar faces. I wonder if we'll be treated to that outrageous Jafakean accent again?

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...dead-2-teaser/
      Why do I get the feeling those 3 will have at best a brief cameo in the film? I'd like to be wrong but...
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
        Why do I get the feeling those 3 will have at best a brief cameo in the film? I'd like to be wrong but...
        Exactly. The main characters will run across them and one of them will say an iconic line and we'll be expected to cheer.
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
          Exactly. The main characters will run across them and one of them will say an iconic line and we'll be expected to cheer.
          Trouble is, most of Day's iconic lines are not permissible in today's sensitive environment!

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
            Trouble is, most of Day's iconic lines are not permissible in today's sensitive environment!
            The best line applies to those who've made them unacceptable, "I hope you choke on 'em, you fucks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
              The best line applies to those who've made them unacceptable, "I hope you choke on 'em, you fucks!"
              I remember being happy when I found out what he was saying (I'm not sure if I learned about it through an internet search, closed-captioning on a disc, or DVD commentary), because for the first several times watching the flick, I really couldn't understand his utterances as he was being eaten.
              VHS will never die!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
                I remember being happy when I found out what he was saying (I'm not sure if I learned about it through an internet search, closed-captioning on a disc, or DVD commentary), because for the first several times watching the flick, I really couldn't understand his utterances as he was being eaten.
                I remember the VHS I first saw it on was muddy for audio and video, thanks to Macrovision, but when I saw the laserdisc uncut version, it was crystal clear!

Comment

• 'You pus fuck' has been my go to annoyance phrase since 1988. That and referring to things as cunting after watching the Exorcist.

Comment

• I think I would be happy, if we got one (just one) sequel that was of the same standard and calibre as Romero's big "3". I believe that Twilight of the Dead is also in the works too. I live in hope for both, but I know I'll be disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                      I think I would be happy, if we got one (just one) sequel that was of the same standard and calibre as Romero's big "3". I believe that Twilight of the Dead is also in the works too. I live in hope for both, but I know I'll be disappointed.
                      Why does that title have me expecting sparkly zombies?

Comment

• According to The Digital Bits (for what it is worth), Criterion is going to be UHD'ing their Night of the Living Dead set.

Comment

• MGM Acquiring Worldwide Rights To ‘Night Of The Living Dead’ Sequel Directed By ‘Nanny’s Nikyatu Jusu

https://deadline.com/2022/12/night-o...gm-1235200144/

"EXCLUSIVE: Amazon’s MGM division is in final negotiations to acquire worldwide rights to the Night of the Living Dead sequel that Nikyatu Jusu (Nanny) is directing for Village Roadshow Pictures, Vertigo Entertainment, Westbrook, Origin Story and the late George A. Romero’s Sanibel Films.

While specifics as to the financials haven’t been disclosed, we understand that the deal has emerged from a highly competitive situation. The Walking Dead‘s LaToya Morgan scripted the film we were first to report on, which will be released by MGM theatrically."

More at the link.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                          X