No announcement yet.

Let Sleeping Corpses Lie VS Living Dead at Manchester Morgue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem is if the Blu-ray doesn't sell well, you can kiss a UHD goodbye, as there is no way that they'd spend the extra money on something that didn't sell well.

Don was upfront about wanting to do a UHD of Suspiria, but cost were too high when they released the blu-ray (which came out two years before the UHD.)

Comment

I'll wait for the standard release. Way too overpriced.

Comment

geez, they didn't port over the blue underground extras. that "back to the morgue" doc with grau visiting the shooting locations is pretty essential, if you ask me... should be a no-brainer, when you're trying to release a defintive edition for 50 bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
          The official word from Synapse: "there are no plans". Uh huh. This was what they said for Opera and Suspiria as well. Ugly business practice. I'd say a lot more but I think I'm the only person who has a problem with these little cult distributors these days.
          went to a HorrorHound Weekend and stopped at the Synapse table. Jerry was there. asked "anything you recommend?" he picked up Home Sick and said "everyone is talking about this one" paid $25 for it.

sat down to watch it later and felt so offended that Home Sick was what i overpaid for i stopped buying Synapse stuff for about 10 years. i have picked up a few blurays over the last year or two but that Home Sick DVD did not sit well with with. don't even think i ever watched the whole movie

Comment

Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue Blu-ray SteelBook

Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue SteelBook

Hands down my favorite zombie movie

https://amzn.to/30NPHEC

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony A View Post
              Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue SteelBook

Hands down my favorite zombie movie

https://amzn.to/30NPHEC
              Half the price at Synapse's site....

https://synapse-films.com/blu-ray/th...ion-steelbook/
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Today, I received the new Spanish Blu-ray release from Ediciones 79. There are conflicting reports on Spanish sites regarding the source of this, though it seems to be a new 2k master and is said to be an improvement over the old Blue Underground DNR-ed Blu.

The major bonus is the inclusion of the Spanish language track with English subtitles.

I'll take a look at the disc tonight and will report back after checking it for myself. I could post some comparison screengrabs (with the BU Blu: I don't own the new Synapse release), if anyone would like me to.
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Right, had chance to take a quick glance through this. It's a huge improvement on the BU release, with a filmic texture that the BU presentation lacks. The encode looks a little rough at times, but the proof of that will be in the pudding (ie, when I finally get a chance to watch the disc all the way through). The English subs are dubtitles, but having seen this in English numerous times over the year, I'm planning on watching it with the Spanish language track - just 'cause.
                  'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                  'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

The Living Dead At Manchester Morgue gets a standard edition (wide-release) Blu-ray from Synapse Films on 6/7

Exclusive new 4K restoration from the original 35mm camera negative
                    New 5.1 English stereo surround remix made exclusively for the Synapse Films release
                    Restoration of the true original English language theatrical mono mix
                    Two audio commentaries featuring authors and film scholars Troy Howarth, Nathaniel Thompson and Bruce Holecheck
                    Jorge Grau - Catalonia’s Cult Film King (89 mins.) – This extensive feature-length documentary explores the life and films of director Jorge Grau
                    The Scene of the Crime - Giannetto De Rossi in Discussion from Manchester (16 Mins.) (BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE)
                    Giannetto De Rossi - Q&A at the Festival of Fantastic Films, UK (43 Mins)
                    Theatrical trailer, TV spots and radio spots
                    Newly translated removable English SDH subtitles

Click image for larger version

Name:	272924291_1602737646736115_5978222436599839769_n.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	386593
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                    X