Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Sight Releasing Creepshow On Blu-ray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Sight Releasing Creepshow On Blu-ray?

No comments, no press release, no words of any kind.

But they did just post this on Facebook, so I'd say that it's pretty obvious what they're up to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	548372_286888571445583_2069710285_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	363382

The US release looked fine, but if they can add the extras that were on the 2-disc UK DVD set from a few years back? That'd definitely be worth upgrading for.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Totally would. Fingers crossed. Creepshow needs love.

Comment

Agreed. I dunno why it never got the deluxe treatment in the US that it did in the UK. I still have the graphic novel kicking around here somewhere. Wrightson's art in it is great.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I wish someone would reprint the graphic novel.

Comment

Wasn't the lengthy doc on the UK dvd missing involvement from Romero or Savini? Can't remember which, it's been a while, but I recall it being a glaring omission. And yeah, the US bd looks excellent. Looking forward to buying CREEPSHOW for a fifth time (VHS, 2 dvds, and one bd).

Comment

Romero and Savini both were involved in the UK special edition. They were on the commentary and in the doc. I don't remember Stephen King being in the doc, so that might be who you are thinking of.

Comment

So no official word on extras or release date yet, but it's happening.

Click image for larger version

Name:	417927_289600957841011_2137441923_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	343113
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Specs and extras confirmed:

Audio commentary with George A. Romero and special make-up effects creator Tom Savini
                Audio commentary with director of photography Michael Gornick, actor John Amplas, property master Bruce Alan Miller, and makeup effects assistant Darryl Ferrucci
                'Just Desserts: The Making of Creepshow'
                A feature length documentary with cast and crew interviews
                'Behind The Screams' with Tom Savini
                Deleted scenes
                TV spot, trailer, stills gallery
                DTS HDMA 5.1 and Dolby Digital 2.0 audio
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Sweeeeeeeet. It's about time I upgraded my old cardboard DVD of this masterpiece and those extras(and I'm sure a beautiful transfer) are the selling point.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry C View Post
                    Sweeeeeeeet. It's about time I upgraded my old cardboard DVD of this masterpiece and those extras(and I'm sure a beautiful transfer) are the selling point.
                    Ditto...hate those snapper cases...

Comment

Someone at the Blu-ray forums has seen this and his verdict
                      Seriously, I've seen this and virtually all of the grain has been eliminated. There are also noticeable compression artefacts and the brightness/gamma (whichever) has been bumped, as it has on the majority of their releases when compared to the US equivalents. I'm guessing it's because the US disc has a 5.1 TrueHD track and Second Sight has added a 2.0 LPCM track alongside their DTS-HD MA 5.1 track. Oh, and of course there are the commentaries. However, the total file size of the encode is slightly less than the US disc, so something had to give and it was the video. Silly thing is that it comes on a BD50 with a little under 40GB used, so there's no reason that they main movie encode couldn't have been a bit larger to compensate. Disappointing...
                      And he offers this screenshot comparison

Comment

UPDATE: The guy on the Blu-ray forums posted an apology because he (major) issues were not with Second Sight's Creepshow Blu-ray, but his video card settings:
                        Okay, I owe a few of you a massive apology here (including Second Sight). I recently performed a driver update for my ATI card (last week I think) and unlike the nVidia drivers I've been used to for years it activated a bunch of video-processing junk (as mentioned in the Lifeforce thread), some of which related to DNR and contrast boosting. It never even occurred to me to check the ATI control panel after performing and update (nVidia drivers just keep your previous settings), but it's clear now that these 'enhancements' made the video playback and subsequent caps look worse than they actually do. There are still differences between the US and UK release - the most obvious being the brightness, as is the case with a number of SS's ports of US discs - but they are not as severe as I first thought (but they are there).
                        And he updated his screenshot comparison

Comment

Working...
                        X