Scream Factory Unleashing Vincent Price Boxed Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scream Factory Unleashing Vincent Price Boxed Set

Just posted on FB... don't want this to get lost in the general Scream Factory thread:

------------------------------------

If you love VINCENT PRICE like we do then you're gonna love love LOVE this exciting news! We will be releasing a blu-ray collection box set before Halloween that showcases some of the legendary horror film star's greatest films which include:

- FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER
    - THE HAUNTED PALACE
    - THE MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH
    - THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM
    - WITCHFINDER GENERAL- and its alternate U.S. version of the film, THE CONQUEROR WORM
    - THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES

More details (artwork, exact street date, pricing, extras, etc.) to be revealed in June-July so stay tuned you "Screamers"--as one of fans affectionately put it. :)

------------------------------------

You know it's funny, after Arrow announced their Price Blu-ray I wondered to myself, huh, Shout!/Scream have made a deal with MGM for a lot of their titles... I wonder if they'll release this one too? Looks like they are, and a whole lot more.

I already have the UK Witchfinder disc, and it's a nice one, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to live without this set.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I don't have any Price on blu-ray (yet), and glad to see that they didn't just duplicate the titles in the last box....but it sure would be swell to have Phibes/Rises Again in one set. Guess you can't make everyone happy. Especially.....THE HORLA!!!!

Comment

An amazing announcement, blowing Arrow's reveals away. Just awesomeness all over.

Comment

Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
        An amazing announcement, blowing Arrow's reveals away. Just awesomeness all over.
        As I'm not multiregional I will be supporting Arrows release here.

Comment

Scream Factory Unleashing Vincent Price Boxed Set

HAUNTED PALACE got a decent but almost bare bones Blu in Germany and of course there is Odeon's stellar UK WITCHFINDER but this still looks like a completely unmissable proposition.

I don't even feel bad about the WG double dip since this one is going to have the CONQUERER cut and Odeon's Blu will almost certainly remain having some exclusive extras.

Comment

Stately manors burning in HD? Upgrade time.

Comment

I already have FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER two times and THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM on DVD. If the price is between 20-30$ I'll probably get it.

Comment

no way they are pricing a 6-film box set at $20-30

Comment

That's why I said probably. I can get all of them easilly on DVD and I rarely double-dip because something is release on blu unless the film is a favorite of mine.

I just don't like those films enough to spent more than 30$ on them, I prefer to pay that kind of money for movies I don't have or favorite of mine.

I don't have any problem paying more than 40$ (45.97 with sale taxes) for the Mad Max Trilogy on blue, so it isn't because I'm cheap but a matter of budget (sadly I can't buy everything I like to, so I must do choices).
                  Jimmy Simard
                  Last edited by Jimmy Simard; 04-26-2013, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Ok, this is the best release announcement in ages (and as someone already said -- blows Arrow's slate announcement away)

It's too bad they couldn't due a complete Price/Poe box, but you won't hear me complaining

Comment

Fair enough.

I don't have any of these on DVD, so I'm really looking forward to this set.

Comment

I think this will be fairly priced. At most $50, probably on sale right away for $30-35. Just a hunch.

Comment

Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
                          I think this will be fairly priced. At most $50, probably on sale right away for $30-35. Just a hunch.
                          That would be acceptable if the SRP would be 50$ and the real price in the range you think. One thing to understand is that I've to add 15.5% on the price because of the sale taxes and that play a part in a decision to double-dip or not.

Also, even if it isn't a big deal for most of you, the french dub is included on the DVD and they aren't bad at all. Sure I understand english correctly (even if Theatre of Blood gave me some difficulty) but the dub is a plus and I doubt highly that Shout! will keep them.

Comment

I'd love to swap PHIBES for LEGIA but really this is something to look forward to as is.
                            https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Interesting, MGM employee Jameson281 posted at the CHFB that he knew Shout had FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER, THE HAUNTED PALACE, and WITCHFINDER GENERAL but the other three he though were tied up with TGG. Hopefully Shout can get some more titles away from TGG.

Comment

Working...
                              X