Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Wan's The Conjuring

Here's the teaser:

I am intrigued. Looks like a nice change from SAW.

"Based on a true story, The Conjuring tells the horrifying tale of how renowned paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren were called upon to help a family terrorised by a dark presence in a secluded farmhouse. Forced to confront a powerful demonic entity, the Warrens find themselves caught in the most terrifying case of their lives."

This'll hit theaters in the summer through Warner Brothers.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Yeah, I'm moderately interested. I didn't much care for INSIDIOUS but I liked DEAD SILENCE quite a bit. It didn't really break any new ground but it managed to be creepy at times...it's one I revisit every now and then.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Zero tolerance for SAW. Bought INSIDIOUS and forgot about it on the to-watch pile.

But this looks interesting.
      "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
      - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Well, I like the old 70s font. Reminds me of The Other or The Omen. Also, like seeing Lilli Taylor again.

Wan isn't a perfect film maker (I thought Insidious was kinda silly) but he's not alone in the imperfect but enthusiastic neo-horror director camp.

Comment

INSIDIOUS = lame. This? Not holding my breath...

Comment

I thought Insidious was great and I love this trailer. If the film has the same tone and atmosphere as the trailer then I'll be happy.

Comment

I felt Insidious was so-so. Loved some of it (the little dancing guy) and did not care much for the demon part. But the guys I usually watch horror with loved it, so we are probably going to watch this in the theater, too.

Maybe I have just become too jaded? These days I have a hard time getting scared by ghost stories, even though it used to be my favorite sub-genre. E.g. I found Sinister and The Pact absolutely terrible and quite boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Jens Thomsen View Post
                I have just become too jaded? These days I have a hard time getting scared by ghost stories, even though it used to be my favorite sub-genre. ...
                You know I often go through the same thing with Ghost stories. I feel like I've seen it all sometimes when watching new flicks. But then I'll catch an old episode of Unsolved Mysteries or even Ju-On and suddenly I'm shitting my pants and having a hard time turning off all the lights before bed.

It really depends on the "story telling" and I think what is perceived as modern film making vs. classic suspense are just at odds in this day and age. That's why the effectiveness of a movie like Paranormal Activity surprises everyone except genre fans!

Comment

I like the poster art...

Click image for larger version

Name:	proxy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	342812
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This looks OK. SAW I kinda dug the first time seeing, same goes for Insidious & Dead Silence, not great but rather just OK. I LOVED Death Sentence though, it's on regular rotation at my place.

Comment

Bloody Disgusting is reporting that even though the movie has almost no gore, it still got an R based on the fact that it's really scary.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

New trailer!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Fangoria has posted an exclusive interview with Wan in which he discusses making the film.

http://www.fangoria.com/new/exclusiv...the-conjuring/
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

New UK trailer.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The trailer scared me, *love* Patrick Wilson. This is #1 on my looking-forward-to-in-2013 list.

That poster sure looks like the one for utter shitfest Hollow. It won't take much for this to be better.

Comment

Working...
                              X