Army Of Darkness 6-Disc Edition Coming From Koch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Of Darkness 6-Disc Edition Coming From Koch

From Blu-ray.com... seems like overkill to me.

Koch Media are releasing Sam Raimi's Army of Darkness: Director's Cut (DVD + Blu-ray) and Army of Darkness: Ultimate Edition in Germany April 26th. The Ultimate Edition Six Disc Set (2x Blu-ray, 4x DVD) will include:

~ Director's Cut (DVD + Blu-ray)
    ~ US Theatrical Version (DVD + Blu-ray)
    ~ European Theatrical Version (DVD + Blu-ray)

tons of Bonus Material including US TV Versions (!) with alternative footage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ed3-koch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	363162

More info (in German) here.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Huh. It definitely is overkill, but I guess this will probably, if the quality is good, stop everyone from complaining about having to buy the title again.

As it stands, I've still got my boomstick edition DVD with both cuts, and have never really felt the need to upgrade. I prefer the theatrical version, anyway. What can I say.

Comment

Does Koch typically do Region B only?

Comment

Yessir.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

NO MORE AFTER THIS PLEASE!!!

Seems like the REAL definitive version now....

Comment

Pretty sure this movie holds the record for most dvd/blu releases of a single film, does it not?

If it isn't, it's pretty close to the top, I'm sure.
            www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

I'm pretty sure you're right. It's ridiculous how many times this cow has been milked.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

But I don't own it on Blu - I heard the USA version kinda sucks. So I'm gonna buy this one!

Comment

I hope it contains 'Men Behind the Army' - I really want to sell my old AB disc already. lol

Comment

41,99 Euros isn't cheap.

http://www.amazon.de/Die-Armee-Finst...3777775&sr=8-2

Click image for larger version

Name:	91v0cBNxnSL._AA1500_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	342769
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yep, it's dear. I've already preordered this with German Amazon but may back out due to the price: I don't know if I can afford it next month. We shall see...
                      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Yup, not at that price!

Comment

FYI, there's a far more affordable BD edition that's just been released in France, and contains the director's cut, the US cut and the international cut - all in HD. It's half the price of the German set (20 Euros as opposed to 42 Euros).

http://www.amazon.fr/Evil-Dead-Larm%...A1X6FK5RDHNB96

'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

Bah! 42 euros is cheap for such a treasure as this.
                            "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                              Bah! 42 euros is cheap for such a treasure as this.
                              Yes, but 20 Euros is even better

About the only worthwhile thing the German set has which isn't included in the French release is the US TV cut, which is interesting but non-essential for me. (I'm happy to have the director's cut, the international cut and the US theatrical cut on BD.) And from what I've read, Filmedia (the French distributor) and Koch supposedly collaborated on their releases, and so the French and German discs should be identical transfer-wise.

Comment

Working...
                              X