NIGHTMARES (1983)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIGHTMARES (1983)

Just rewatched this the other night. Is anyone else a fan of this underrated, entertaining horror anthology? My favorite segment is "The Bishop Of Battle", with Emilio Estevez as the obsessed arcade gamer trying to beat "Level 13" of the game.

This movie also has a cool soundtrack, featuring Fear and Black Flag as well. Also, there's the wickedly cool scene of the truck tearing to the the surface from underground to get out.

All in all, a great, if overlooked film. Anchor Bay put out the DVD years ago, and it's now OOP, sadly. Glad I scooped a copy a long time ago. From what I hear, though, it does get shown on some of the HD movie channels from time to time.

Thoughts on this film, anyone?

It's also got Lance.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert W View Post
      It's also got Lance.
      Which is always a plus! The cast in this movie is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Zane C. View Post

All in all, a great, if overlooked film. Anchor Bay put out the DVD years ago, and it's now OOP, sadly. Glad I scooped a copy a long time ago. From what I hear, though, it does get shown on some of the HD movie channels from time to time.

Thoughts on this film, anyone?
        Before I read about this in Destroy All Movies I had no idea that this existed, so I've been meaning to check it out.

Sad to hear it's no longer available on DVD *cough*thoughitsonyoutube*cough*.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry C View Post
          Before I read about this in Destroy All Movies I had no idea that this existed, so I've been meaning to check it out.

Sad to hear it's no longer available on DVD *cough*thoughitsonyoutube*cough*.
          Yeah, I'm actually surprised it went OOP. It was a fairly popular movie in the 80's. maybe BU or Shout Factory will give this a re-release at some point. I would buy this again if it had a commentary, upgraded print, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X