Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indicator Releasing Romero's Bruiser

Coming to Blu-ray and UHD in July.

Horror legend George A Romero (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead) directs Jason Flemyng (Snatch, Pennyworth), Peter Stormare (Fargo), and Leslie Hope (24) in the devastating and deranged Bruiser.

Unhappy with both his homelife and his career, Henry (Flemyng) is plagued by violent fantasies. When he wakes up to find his face replaced by a featureless mask, he sets about exacting violent punishment on those who have wronged him.

Featuring music by celebrated composer Donald Rubinstein (Martin, Knightriders), and including an appearance by legendary punk band the Misfits, Bruiser was hailed by critics and fans alike as a triumphant return to independent filmmaking for Romero.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION 4K UHD SPECIAL FEATURES

4K HDR restoration
    4K (2160p) UHD presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
    Original 5.1 surround sound and stereo audio tracks
    Audio commentary with writer-director George A Romero and producer Peter Grunwald (2001)
    Archival Interview with George A Romero (2014): previously unheard audio recording with the legendary filmmaker
    Interview with Jason Flemyng (2024): the actor discusses his lead role and working with Romero
    Interview with Dr Chud (2024): the former Misfits drummer talks about the band’s appearance in the film and its contribution to the soundtrack
    The Worm That Turned (2024): Kim Newman, author of Nightmare Movies, contextualises Bruiser within the context of Romero’s career
    Original theatrical trailer
    Image gallery: promotional and publicity materials
    New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
    Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with a new essay by Craig Ian Mann, archival interviews and magazine articles, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and full film credits
    World premiere on 4K UHD
    Limited edition of 7,000 individually numbered units (5,000 4K UHDs and 2,000 Blu-rays) for the UK

Click image for larger version

Name:	br.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	327.0 KB
ID:	431825
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Glad it’s coming out on 4K!

Comment

Unfortunately, this movie just doesn't work. I've watched it numerous times just hoping I maybe missed something, but no. Peter Stormare's showboat performance really sinks it for me.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I like this one. Not spectacular, but I always enjoy Flemyng.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
          Unfortunately, this movie just doesn't work. I've watched it numerous times just hoping I maybe missed something, but no. Peter Stormare's showboat performance really sinks it for me.
          I agree, not a fan. I recall being psyched for this when it first got a DVD release years ago.

Just out of curiosity, what would you all say is the final truly great Romero film? It seems to me like his work really declined in his later years.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Dawn Jr View Post
            Just out of curiosity, what would you all say is the final truly great Romero film? It seems to me like his work really declined in his later years.
            Land of the Dead

Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Land was good but, in all honesty, Day was the last great Romero film for me.
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post

Land of the Dead
                I thought the plot point about the use of fireworks to distract the zombies while the living humans go about their business was brilliant. I read this as an allegory for the use of entertainment/sports/media to distract the average citizen while the people in power engineer our world.

Comment

I remember liking this when I first saw it years ago. It was something different for Romero, better than some of his later zombie movies.

Comment

Originally posted by James Reed View Post
                    I remember liking this when I first saw it years ago. It was something different for Romero, better than some of his later zombie movies.
                    I’d honestly call it his last good movie, and one of his most interesting concepts: What is a person capable of if they don’t have to look at themself in the mirror anymore?

Comment

Working...
                    X