• The Haunting Of Julia

Coming in April.

Click image for larger version

Name:	julia.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	408448
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Really like this one, may splash out on the limited rather than wait for a standard version.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

somehow I always anticipated that indicator might release this, but it never happenend. I bet that new 4k scan isn't an aussie exclusive, so I'll wait for a UK (or US) label to pick it up.

Comment

Really good film, but I prefer the novel. Straub is criminally underrated.
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Just read that Scream Factory are putting out a 4k of this.

Comment

Really like this and was able to revisit it on TCM recently. Will scoop a release asap.

Comment

Shout! Factory just announced a UHD release is in the works for release soon.

Name:	324584963_6410385575661185_6989130933238197370_n.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	408682
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

...aaand the next one is from Le Chat Qui Fume. 4K also. I guess when someone announces it the rest also do to stop people buying the other editions. I wonder if there'll be a UK release?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                  Really good film, but I prefer the novel. Straub is criminally underrated.
                  Both are great. The film is amongst my top 50 horror movies. And the book is my favorite from Straub. I will say one significant difference is that the girl is way more sinister and perverse in the latter.
                  VHS will never die!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne Marshall View Post

Both are great. The film is amongst my top 50 horror movies. And the book is my favorite from Straub. I will say one significant difference is that the girl is way more sinister and perverse in the latter.
                    I think my favorite Straub novel is Ghost Story. The film is pretty good but they (understandably) left a lot out. The novel is so dense and layered.
                    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

And now BFI are releasing a 4k UHD in the UK. Saves me importing.

Comment

I think BFI wins for the cover art.

Name:	328835394_706486534504506_8076749218920924275_n.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	409064
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

But not for spelling!

Comment

Here's the full press release for the Shout! Factory release.

The Haunting of Julia

Long Out of Print Cult Favorite Makes its 4K UHD and Blu-ray Debut April 18, 2023 from Scream Factory™

Based on the novel Julia by Peter Straub, the atmospheric supernatural thriller The Haunting of Julia (aka Full Circle) has developed a cult following amongst film fans for its intelligent yet deeply chilling take on a modern ghost story.

Never before available on DVD or Blu-ray in the US, this long-sought after film will be available on physical media for the first time in decades as a 4K UHD+Blu-ray combo pack on April 18, 2023 from Scream Factory. The Haunting of Julia features a new 4K restoration from the original negative as well as a bevy of brand-new bonus features including an Audio Commentary by director Richard Loncraine and film historian Simon Fitzjohn, an interview with actor Tom Conti, an interview with actress Samantha Gates, the featurette Park Life where Simon Fitzjohn revisits the locations from the film, featurette A Haunting Retrospective with film critic/author Kim Newman, and more! Fans can pre-order their copies now by visiting ShoutFactory.com

In The Haunting of Julia, Magnus and Julia Lofting (Keir Dullea, Black Christmas), and Mia Farrow, Rosemary’s Baby) suffer a tremendous shock one morning when their daughter Kate (Sophie Ward, The Hunger) begins choking. Unsure what to do, Julia attempts a tracheotomy, inadvertently causing Kate's death. The tragedy sends Julia to a hospital to recover, but when Magnus asks that she come home, she prefers to buy a new house in London to live alone. Magnus begins pondering Julia's fragile sanity, while Julia becomes convinced that her house is haunted by the spirit of a little girl.

The Haunting of Julia Bonus Features
                            DISC ONE: 4K UHD
                            • NEW 4K restoration by Scream Factory™ from the original negative
                            • In Dolby Vision
                            • NEW Audio Commentary by director Richard Loncraine and film historian Simon Fitzjohn
                            AUDIO:
                            DTS-HD Master Audio Mono

DISC TWO: Blu-Ray
                            • NEW 4K restoration by Scream Factory from the original negative
                            • NEW Audio Commentary by director Richard Loncraine and film historian Simon Fitzjohn
                            • NEW Introduction to the film by director Richard Loncraine
                            • NEW Park Life – Simon Fitzjohn revisits the locations from the film
                            • NEW Coming Full Circle – an interview with actor Tom Conti
                            • NEW The Fear of Growing Up – an interview with actress Samantha Gates
                            • NEW A Haunting Retrospective – film critic/author Kim Newman looks at this underrated ghost story
                            AUDIO:
                            DTS-HD Master Audio Mono

About Shout! Factory
                            Shout! Factory, LLC is a leading multi-platform media company devoted to film and TV distribution, development, and production, as well as the preservation and revitalization of the very best in pop-culture entertainment. Founded by Richard Foos, Bob Emmer, and Garson Foos in 2003, Shout! owns and manages a large portfolio of films, contemporary and classic TV series, animation, and documentaries. The company’s creative acquisition mandate has established it as a leading independent distributor, with partners and properties including GKIDS, Sesame Street, The Carol Burnett Show, The Johnny Carson Show, IFC Films, Stephen J. Cannell Productions, ITV Studios, Major League Baseball Productions, and many others. Shout! Factory Kids focuses on live-action and animated kids and family properties, and the company releases films and television shows in other genres under the Scream Factory and Shout Select imprints. Shout! develops, acquires and distributes new films via Shout! Studios, owns and operates libraries including Mystery Science Theater 3000 (in partnership with creator Joel Hodgson) and the Roger Corman New Horizon Pictures Library, and operates the acclaimed streaming service Shout! Factory TV. Shout! Factory is based in Los Angeles, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                            X