Eli Roth's Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli Roth's Thanksgiving

"At long last, horror guru Eli Roth is getting behind the camera for a feature version of Thanksgiving, his long-gestured spinoff based on a mock trailer that Roth made for the Quentin Tarantino & Robert Rodriguez Grindhouse (2007) film, reports Deadline.

The news comes on the heels of a report that Tim Miller will be coming in to assist Roth on his Borderlands reshoots for Lionsgate so Roth can focus on setting the table for Thanksgiving.

“The Thanksgiving trailer presented the gory teaser about a pseudo movie in which a slasher makes his own carving board out of the inhabitants of a Massachusetts town that makes a big annual fuss over the annual turkey day,” recalls the website. “One of the pivotal scenes involved Roth himself, separated from his head while in the throes of passion with a date in a convertible.”"

More here:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...house-spinoff/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Yeah, because Machete wasn't bloated and overly complicated. Some things are just fine at three minutes.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Thanksgiving Adds Gina Gershon, Tim Dillon, Rick Hoffman To Cast

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/than...offman-to-cast
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

For better or worse, filming has officially begun.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...her-has-begun/
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Saw this last night. Slasher fans should be happy with the huge body count and the extreme gore. The opening is amazing and nasty, but the film has a lot of slow patches because it's not a very engaging story and it's way too long at 106 minutes. As a modern slasher, though, it delivers the goods. I can't believe the levels of gore that filmmakers can get away with now.
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I was somewhat interested in this until I saw he cast some "social media influencer" in one of the lead roles. I stay away from any film involving a TikTok sensation or a rapper.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Dawn Jr View Post
              I was somewhat interested in this until I saw he cast some "social media influencer" in one of the lead roles. I stay away from any film involving a TikTok sensation or a rapper.
              Most of the characters are douchebags, so you probably wouldn't even notice.
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

If it were 20 minutes shorter I would have seen it. But seeing as Eli Roth overcomplicates what should have been simple movies for those of us that like simple pleasures of watching people explode on screen without caring about a plot (Rodriguez syndrome), I'll pass for now. At least it isn't Terrifier 2 long.
                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Amazon already has a pre-order link up for this, I suspect it will be hitting Blu-ray fairly soon even if there isn't a release date attached yet.

https://amzn.to/47n3nra

Click image for larger version

Name:	402868115_834281298659783_6629689422741821836_n.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	423444
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Thought this was a pretty good realization of the initial joke from 16 years ago. It could have gone further in places with the horror elements and would have been better for it, but overall it effectively checks the boxes of an 80's slasher homage/rip-off.

Comment

Sequel confirmed.

https://screenrant.com/thanksgiving-...date-eli-roth/
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

EXPERIENCE ELI ROTH'S “WILDLY FUN” NEW HORROR CLASSIC AT HOME

“A BLOODY BLAST” - Megan Navarro / BLOODY DISGUSTING

Thanksgiving

THE HORROR COMES HOME WITH OVER AN HOUR OF EXTRAS INCLUDING DELETED & EXTENDED SCENES, OUTTAKES, ELI & JEFF’S EARLY FILMS AND MORE!

ON DIGITAL JANUARY 16 AND ON BLU-RAY AND DVD JANUARY 30

Synopsis:
                        After a Black Friday riot ends in tragedy, a mysterious Thanksgiving-inspired killer terrorizes Plymouth, Massachusetts - the birthplace of the holiday. Picking off residents one by one, what begins as random revenge killings are soon revealed to be part of a larger, sinister holiday plan. Will the town uncover the killer and survive the holidays… or become guests at his twisted holiday dinner table?

SPECIAL FEATURES
                        BLU-RAY™ AND DIGITAL
                        • Exclusives
                        o Deleted & Extended Scenes
                        o Outtakes
                        o Massachusetts Movies: Eli & Jeff’s Early Films
                        • Also Includes
                        o Behind the Screams
                        o Gore Galore
                        o Commentary with Eli Roth and Jeff Rendell
                        DVD
                        • Behind the Screams
                        • Gore Galore
                        • Commentary with Eli Roth and Jeff Rendell\
                        Blu-ray™ and DVD include a digital code for movie and bonus materials as listed above, redeemable via Movies Anywhere for a limited time. Movies Anywhere is open to U.S. residents age 13+. Visit MoviesAnywhere.com for terms and conditions.

CAST AND CREW
                        Directed by: Eli Roth
                        Screenplay by: Jeff Rendell
                        Story by: Eli Roth & Jeff Rendell
                        Produced By: Eli Roth, Roger Birbaum, Jeff Rendell
                        Executive Produced By: Gary Barber, Peter Oilataguerre, Greg Denny, Kate Harrison Karman, Chris Stone
                        Cast: Patrick Dempsey, Addison Rae, Milo Manheim, Jalen Thomas Brooks, Nell Verlaque with Rick Hoffman and Gina Gershon
                        Run Time: Approx. 106 Mins.
                        Rating: R. Strong Bloody Horror Violence and Gore, Pervasive Language and Some Sexual Material

Blu-ray™: 1080p High Definition / 2.39:1 • Audio: English, French (Doublé au Québec), Spanish 5.1 DTS-HD MA, English & French (Doublé au Québec) - Audio Description Tracks 5.1 Dolby Digital • Subtitles: English, English SDH, French, Spanish • Mastered in High Definition • Color
                        DVD: 2.39:1 Anamorphic Widescreen • Audio: English, French (Doublé au Québec), Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English & French (Doublé au Québec) - Audio Description Tracks Stereo • Subtitles: English, English SDH, French, Spanish • Color

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                        X