• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Cronenberg's Infinity Pool

Trailer!

I think this looks pretty rad.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Thank God for European funding so the Cronenbergs can continue to make movies, even if I do miss that Canada vibe a bit. Possessor was mighty fine so definitely up for this one.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I put off seeing Anitviral for a long time but once I saw Possessor I checked it out and they are both good sf horror films. Looking forward to more mindfuckery.

Comment

Going to see this tomorrow night.
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Well that looks both fantastic and horrible at the same time, judging from the trailer.

I liked Possessor somewhat though, so I shall have to check this out.
          "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Saw it yesterday. It's not an easy watch (particularly at 2 hours in an uncomfortable theater seat) but it's intriguing and has many interesting ideas and scenes. Not sure I really get it yet, but it's already stirring in my mind. It reminded me of INLAND EMPIRE. One pretty big complaint: for some reason there are several characters who speak with heavy foreign accents and I did miss some dialogue because of it. Also, the orgy sequence was rendered somewhat incoherent by the MPAA trims. So with that said, I'm looking forward to revisiting it on BD, uncut and with subtitles.
            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

UHD release is slated for 4/11/23.

https://amzn.to/3DtxTmn
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I might as well forget the UK cinema release (not that it will play anywhere near me) and wait a couple of weeks to import the UHD.

Comment

I'm not sure that's a UHD release, Ian? Diabolik specifically calls it out as a BluRay, and so does Amazon, sorta.

Regardless, I'll be waiting for the NC-17/Unrated cut. I know of two specific trims, and one of them was quite noticeable. I still liked the film (albeit not as much as Possessor) but not buying a known compromised edit. Just a matter of how long Neon will make us wait.

Comment

You could be right, Null.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Sucks that they released the cut version in Canada. Sounds like laziness.

Comment

This one was OK. Some great visuals, some neat ideas, but I did find it a little too long, and self-masturbatory at times.

Comment

Pre-order link for the RA Blu-ray edition, looks like it has an R-rating so maybe not uncut?

https://amzn.to/3YVFdQx

Click image for larger version

Name:	332861798_590879702962276_7451429434454304506_n.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	410046
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I wanted to hold off for the uncut version that I keep seeing mentioned but I really wanted to see this and wound up just watching the R-rated version. Having seen it I can say that I really don’t think a longer version of this thing is going to be any better, I’m not even sure if I’ll ever bother seeing it again in any form. For me it was just one of those movies that seems like it was made so that everything in it feels tedious and takes way too long to happen; it’s so boring. All of the characters were annoying too, towards the beginning I felt bad for the main character but before long I couldn’t care less about about or root for them. Then the ending was so blah and underwhelming that it made it all feel even more pointless. At the same time the movie finally ending was such a welcome thing that I didn’t really care how it ended at that point, only that it was finally over. My ability to hope that it got better or that this or that would happen completely evaporated about 30 minutes before the end; I haven’t experienced this level of boredom and frustration with a movie since Antichrist or Mandy! It’s a shame too because the concept that this movie was centered around was a cool one but it really seems like it was wasted here.

Comment

The ratings info on the BBFC website makes it sound like the UK version may be uncut. I assume that the R rated vereion doesn't have a real cumshot in it? Sadly not playing anywhere near me.

Comment

Working...
                              X