Terrfier and Terrifier 2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    We watched All Hallows Eve last night and it was fine. Didn't blow me away but had some cool moments. The first story was meh, the second one was solid but the aliens looked dumb and the third one was really good but had fucking stupid fake print damage all over it.

There were a few things that bugged me about the technical side of things.

-why is the tape they found anamorphic widescreen?
    -why is the third story littered with print damage (when it's clear that it takes place in the same time as the other stories as made clear by cell phones, cars, etc) when they others are not?

Stuff like that triggers my OCD about minutia like that and takes away from my enjoyment sometimes. It's dumb that I let it get to me, but such is life.
    I hated All Hallows Eve, which is a big part of why I haven't seen Terrifier yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
      Will still likely pick up AHE2. Just because.
      Of course, as you know, it's completely different. If you pick it up, I would be really curious if the rendition you get contains an untranslated Spanish-language segment.
      VHS will never die!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne Marshall View Post

Of course, as you know, it's completely different. If you pick it up, I would be really curious if the rendition you get contains an untranslated Spanish-language segment.
        Is Art the Clown even in it?
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

It's been a while since I watched it but I don't believe so. The anthology might be a "in-name-only" sequel.
          VHS will never die!

Comment

Right. I've heard Art is not in the second one.
            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Received and watched Terrifier 2 yesterday. Very fun. The run-time didn't phaze me as I wasn't in any hurry for it to end. Biggest gripe is this seemed to approach Stranger Things territory with fantasy elements and extremely young leads.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
                Received and watched Terrifier 2 yesterday. Very fun. The run-time didn't phaze me as I wasn't in any hurry for it to end. Biggest gripe is this seemed to approach Stranger Things territory with fantasy elements and extremely young leads.
                I picked up the 4k UHD of "Terrifier 2", which looks quite beautiful. Though shot digitally, there is a nice grain on top of the image to give it an old school feel. I liked the movie a lot( striking visuals, great practical gore/splatter effects, solid female lead, creepy villain), although I agree about the fantasy elements being out of place.

Comment

I think this was one of the few occasions a recent horror flick lived up to the hype! it's everything you want from a good slasher-sequel: they pick up exactly where the first one left off, try to explain a few cryptic things about the origin of the clown and they totally upped the ante in the gore department. the criticism is valid though ... this has no right to be 138 min. long, too much clown cafe and some questionable acting (apart from art the clown). I liked it!

ps: the mid-credit sequence with the chris jericho cameo is fucking insane!
                  (I loved that they brought back the faceless lady from part 1)
                  killer must kill again
                  Last edited by killer must kill again; 01-08-2023, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Finally checked out Terrifier and liked it well enough. The fact that it was more one prolonged situation than an actual story worked well for me. It gave the whole thing an unrelenting/unsettling feel. The lack of character development did nothing to diminish my enjoyment of the carnage. I mean, it seems like the detachment there fits the overall set-up of the movie. As uninvolved bystanders the audience isn't that far removed from the random assemblage of mostly disconnected or unaware characters.

I'll likely be breaking off the sequel tonight. Skeptical about the runtime though.

Comment

Turns out I had more to be skeptical about than the length. Too much story and characterization this time - with the end result being that both were all over the place. Plus, the overt reliance on supernatural elements made it a lot easier to dismiss no matter the level of splatter. Sort of felt like Texas Chainsaw 2 crossed with Dream Warriors -- and not in a good way.

Comment

Watched ALL HALLOWS' EVE 2. I thought this stunk. Not interesting at all, and very little extreme gore to make up for it.
                        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                          Watched ALL HALLOWS' EVE 2. I thought this stunk. Not interesting at all, and very little extreme gore to make up for it.
                          That's the only one I haven't seen. Wasn't in a rush to see it before, even less so now.

Did anyone pick up the Terrifier comics? They're out of circulation now and pretty expensive on the secondary market. I'm mostly just curious to know if they were any good.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Just thought I'd post that Amazon Prime Video is currently offering TERRIFIER 2 for only 99 cents.
                            VHS will never die!

Comment

There's a UHD steelbook release coming out later this month.

https://amzn.to/400KZ2N

Click image for larger version

Name:	71fHwuzePpL._SL1412_.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	275.1 KB
ID:	412626
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Terrifier 3 in theatres this summer...

https://movieweb.com/terrifier-theaters-2023/
                                Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment