Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M3GAN (2023) - James Wan

I'm in.

james wan is always better when he tackles something that is completely new to him, but sucks badly when he's forced to direct a sequel, prequel or spin-off for one of his own movies + I thought malignant was pretty fresh and damn entertaining despite it's obvious stupidity (please, don't kill me).

I don't think I've seen a James Wan horror film since Saw. I liked the early trailers for Megan and I was planning on giving it a look. Then dancing doll is one of the creepier visuals of recent times. That longer trailer makes it look very conventional though. If it's just a doll following programing to protect it's owner at all costs then that's not a very interesting setup for me. I'll probably give it a look when it turns up on one of my streaming services for free.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Looks really similar to the CHILD'S PLAY remake. It's a surefire premise, so it'll most likely be fun.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

His next film will be about a haunted Fleshlight.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
          That longer trailer makes it look very conventional though. If it's just a doll following programing to protect it's owner at all costs then that's not a very interesting setup for me.
          sure the premise for this movie is lame. what makes it interesting is the design of the doll! looking almost like the current generation of androids, that you maybe saw on a youtube video before BUT 1% is offbeat and more real. that 1% is what makes it creepy - uncanny valley style.

Comment

One thing I don't get about this and Child's Play is why they make these dolls stronger than an adult human. Just from a product safety viewpoint, nobody would EVER do that. It's a liability nightmare!

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
              His next film will be about a haunted Fleshlight.
              I’d watch it lol

I did watch M3gan the other day. I’m not sure if the scenes I laughed during were supposed to be funny, but I enjoyed the movie nonetheless
              Anthony A
              Last edited by Anthony A; 01-31-2023, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                One thing I don't get about this and Child's Play is why they make these dolls stronger than an adult human. Just from a product safety viewpoint, nobody would EVER do that. It's a liability nightmare!
                Right? Looking forward to Wan's next franchise, BAG O' GLASS. I'd even watch BARBIE TAKES A KNIFE, honestly.

Comment

The main woman in this is going to jail for involuntary manslaughter for longer than Alec Baldwin and he actually pulled the trigger.

Despite what I said above I wound up watching this anyway becuse the word on it is so good and how often are you around for the birth of a new horror icon? I should have trusted my instincts. I'm not on the wavelength of this film. When you mostly watch TV, as I do, it's odd to sit down and watch a film and see something so totally unsophisticated. The script on this is childish. I thought maybe that was because it was written for children but now I hear they cut the film down due to a late decision to make it PG 13. So this was written for adults. That's concerning.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Press release!

Click image for larger version

Name:	megan.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	409874

PLAN THE ULTIMATE SLAY DATE WITH EVERYONE’S NEW BEST FRIEND AS THE ALL-NEW UNRAT3D VERSION COMES HOME

“AN IMMEDIATE CULT CLASSIC” - (THE DAILY BEAST)
                    CERTIFIED FRESH ON ROTTEN TOMATOES

OWN THE THEATRICAL VERSION AND THE UNRATED VERSION ON DIGITAL FEBRUARY 24, 2023 BLU-RAYTM AND DVD MARCH 21, 2023 FROM ATOMIC MONSTER, BLUMHOUSE AND UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Universal City, California, February 17, 2023 – She’s more than a toy. She’s family. And now she’s Unrated. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes with a score of 95%, the year’s most unnerving film M3GAN arrives in an all-new unrated version with revealing extras when you buy on Digital February 24, 2023 and on Blu-rayTM and DVD March 21, 2023 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. The “existentially scary” (Collider) film, presented from Universal Pictures and Blumhouse and produced by Atomic Monster in association with Divide/Conquer, has crossed $167 million at the global box office. M3GAN is produced by masters of horror—Atomic Monster’s James Wan (Saw, Insidious, The Conjuring, Anabelle) and Blumhouse’s Jason Blum (Halloween franchise, The Invisible Man, The Black Phone) and directed by Gerald Johnstone (Housebound). The M3GAN UNRAT3D VERSION delivers more distressing violence and profanity and features never-before-seen bonus content including a breakdown of the creation of M3GAN and behind-the-scenes featurettes showcasing the film’s complex stunts and gory deaths.

M3GAN is a marvel of artificial intelligence, a life-like doll programmed to be a child’s greatest companion and a parent’s greatest ally. Designed by brilliant toy-company roboticist Gemma (Allison Williams, Get Out), M3GAN can listen and watch and learn as she becomes friend and teacher, playmate and protector, for the child she is bonded to. As Gemma faces pressure at work from her boss (Ronny Chieng, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings) to deliver a finished version of M3GAN, she suddenly becomes the unprepared caretaker of her newly orphaned 8-year-old niece, Cady (Violet McGraw, The Haunting of Hill House). Gemma decides to pair the M3GAN prototype with Cady in an attempt to resolve both problems—a decision that will have unimaginable consequences.

With the purchase of M3GAN on disc or Digital, fans are eligible to earn points towards digital movies via the Universal All-Access Rewards program. Members can redeem their points for digital movies, swag and more! For registration and details please visit www.MyUniversalRewards.com.

EXCLUSIVE BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL:
                    • A New Vision of Horror - Filmmakers and cast break down how the world of M3GAN was created, including the initial idea, through production under the leadership of director Gerard Johnstone
                    • Bringing Life to M3GAN - See how animatronics, puppets, and actor Amie Donald helped make M3GAN as real as possible
                    • Getting Hacked - A behind-the-scenes look at how cast and crew accomplished some of the film's complex stunts and gory deaths
                    For more information on M3GAN, please visit:
                    Press Release: https://www.uphe.com/press-release/m3gan-press-release
                    Trailer: https://uni.pictures/M3GAN_Announce
                    #M3GAN
                    Instagram: @meetm3gan
                    Twitter: @meetM3GAN
                    Facebook: @meetM3GAN
                    YouTube: @UniversalPicturesAllAccess

FILMMAKERS:
                    Cast: Allison Williams, Violet McGraw, Ronny Chieng
                    Casting By: Terri Taylor CSA, Sarah Domeier Lindo CSA,
                    Music By: Anthony Willis
                    Edited By: Jeff McEvoy
                    Executive Producers: Allison Williams, Mark David Katchur, Ryan Turek, Michael Clear, Judson Scott, Adam Henricks, Greg Gilreath
                    Produced By: Jason Blum p.g.a., James Wan p.g.a.
                    Story By: Akela Cooper & James Wan
                    Screenplay By: Akela Cooper
                    Directed By: Gerard Johnstone

TECHNICAL INFORMATION BLU-RAYTM:
                    Street Date: March 21, 2023 (US)
                    Selection Number: 1000814311 (US)
                    Layers: BD-50
                    Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 16:9 2.39:1
                    Rating: Rated PG-13 for violent content and terror, some strong language, and a suggestive reference
                    Subtitles: English, Latin American Spanish and French Canadian
                    Languages/Sound: English (DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1, Dolby Digital 2.0 for Bonus Content), Latin American Spanish (Dolby Digital Plus 7.1) and French Canadian (DTS Digital Surround 5.1)
                    Run Time: 01:41:31

TECHNICAL INFORMATION DVD:
                    Street Date: March 21, 2023 (US)
                    Selection Number: 1000814312 (US)
                    Layers: DVD 9
                    Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 16:9 2.39:1
                    Rating: Rated PG-13 for violent content and terror, some strong language, and a suggestive reference Subtitles: English, Latin American Spanish and French Canadian
                    Languages/Sound: English (Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital 2.0 for Bonus Content), Latin American Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1) and French Canadian (Dolby Digital 5.1)
                    Run Time: 01:41:31

ABOUT UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT:
                    Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE – www.uphe.com) is a unit of Universal Filmed Entertainment Group (UFEG). UFEG produces, acquires, markets and distributes filmed entertainment worldwide in various media formats for theatrical, home entertainment, television and other distribution platforms, as well as consumer products, interactive gaming and live entertainment. The global division includes Universal Pictures, Focus Features, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, Universal Brand Development, Fandango, DreamWorks Animation Film and Television and Awesomeness. UFEG is part of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I was actually pretty entertained by this. Not a bad flick at all.

Comment

Had a great time with it. If you have Comcast, it debuted for free tonight via Peacock Premium.
                        VHS will never die!

Comment

There is a sequel in the works.

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/m3ga...quel-response/
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Well, I don't think anyone is surprised by that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              Will it be titled M4gan?

Comment

Working...
                              X