Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M3GAN (2023) - James Wan

I'm in.

james wan is always better when he tackles something that is completely new to him, but sucks badly when he's forced to direct a sequel, prequel or spin-off for one of his own movies + I thought malignant was pretty fresh and damn entertaining despite it's obvious stupidity (please, don't kill me).

I don't think I've seen a James Wan horror film since Saw. I liked the early trailers for Megan and I was planning on giving it a look. Then dancing doll is one of the creepier visuals of recent times. That longer trailer makes it look very conventional though. If it's just a doll following programing to protect it's owner at all costs then that's not a very interesting setup for me. I'll probably give it a look when it turns up on one of my streaming services for free.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Looks really similar to the CHILD'S PLAY remake. It's a surefire premise, so it'll most likely be fun.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

His next film will be about a haunted Fleshlight.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
          That longer trailer makes it look very conventional though. If it's just a doll following programing to protect it's owner at all costs then that's not a very interesting setup for me.
          sure the premise for this movie is lame. what makes it interesting is the design of the doll! looking almost like the current generation of androids, that you maybe saw on a youtube video before BUT 1% is offbeat and more real. that 1% is what makes it creepy - uncanny valley style.

Comment

One thing I don't get about this and Child's Play is why they make these dolls stronger than an adult human. Just from a product safety viewpoint, nobody would EVER do that. It's a liability nightmare!

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
              His next film will be about a haunted Fleshlight.
              I’d watch it lol

I did watch M3gan the other day. I’m not sure if the scenes I laughed during were supposed to be funny, but I enjoyed the movie nonetheless
              Anthony A
              Last edited by Anthony A; 01-31-2023, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                One thing I don't get about this and Child's Play is why they make these dolls stronger than an adult human. Just from a product safety viewpoint, nobody would EVER do that. It's a liability nightmare!
                Right? Looking forward to Wan's next franchise, BAG O' GLASS. I'd even watch BARBIE TAKES A KNIFE, honestly.

Comment

The main woman in this is going to jail for involuntary manslaughter for longer than Alec Baldwin and he actually pulled the trigger.

Despite what I said above I wound up watching this anyway becuse the word on it is so good and how often are you around for the birth of a new horror icon? I should have trusted my instincts. I'm not on the wavelength of this film. When you mostly watch TV, as I do, it's odd to sit down and watch a film and see something so totally unsophisticated. The script on this is childish. I thought maybe that was because it was written for children but now I hear they cut the film down due to a late decision to make it PG 13. So this was written for adults. That's concerning.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Working...
                  X