Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Crucible of Terror' (1971) – Ted Hooker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Crucible of Terror' (1971) – Ted Hooker.

Not unsurprisingly, I seem to be one of the happy, schlock-addled few that still avidly enjoys Mike Raven's limited acting repertoire! His frigid persona not infrequently likened to macabre marmite, Raven's singular charisma remains a divisive issue, and his pallid presence in Cornish, pasty-faced frightmare 'Crucible of Terror' bemusingly provides a tepid serving of stodgy shock semolina that some vintage horror fans may well find unsatisfying, but the more disreputable bad movie mavens might consider this mangy morsel of unwholesomely British, dingily downbeat, sleazily skewed B-Movie melange of 'House of Wax' & 'Bucket of Blood' to be an eerily eccentric distraction!

Asinine artisan Victor Clare's (Mike Raven) malign modus operandi of morbidly bronzing buxom totty clearly stretches the amateur acting instrument of monochromatic ex-Disc Jockey Mike Raven. Excluding the Poundland Prince of pain, 'Crucible of Terror' has a fine, if somewhat ecclectic cast of familiar faces, including likely lad James Bolam, Melissa Stribling, Ronald Lacey, John Arnatt, the distractingly handsome Judy Matheson, and cult movie aficionados will most certainly appreciate the pleasingly perky presence of exotic scream queen Me Me Lai. The subjective value of art, like beauty, is very much in the giddy eye of the beholder, and my zealous appreciation of Ted Hooker's roughly hewn horror hokum is certainly NOT universal! Outlandish outsider art, or dingy disposable dross? YOU decide!!!

Sex. Murder. Fart. - Weirdlingwolf.

Click image for larger version

Name:	I seem to be on eof the happy few that enjoys Mike raven's limited acting repetoire.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	403099

Working...
X