Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vestron Releasing Silent Night, Deadly Night Collection

As per Dawn Of The Discs:

"Coming soon to Blu-ray from Vestron Video Collector’s Series!

Silent Night, Deadly Night Collection (this will be the next release from Vestron Video)
    Silent Night, Deadly Night 3:Better Watch Out
    Silent Night, Deadly Night 4: Initiation
    Silent Night, Deadly Night 5: The Toy Maker

All 3 films will come together in one package, will be presented in their original aspect ratio and will feature new special features for each film."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Here are the special features:
    Silent Night, Deadly Night 3: Better Watch Out
    • Audio Commentary by Film Historian Jarret Gahan
    • Outshine the Brain Cap, with Bill Mosley
    • Monte & Me, with Creative Consultant Steven Gaydos
    • For a Live Audience: Silent Night, Deadly Night III – With Executive Producer Richard Galdstein
    • Trailer
    • Still Gallery

• Audio Commentary by Brian Yuzna
    • Our Man Ricky, with Clint Howard
    • Ritualistic Behavior, with Scriptwriter Woody Keith
    • Twisted Visions, with Effects Artist Screaming Mad George
    • For a Live Audience: Silent Night, Deadly Night 4 – With Executive Producer Richard Galdstein
    • Trailer
    • Audio Commentary by Martin Kitrosser
    • The Best Presents, with Producer-Cowriter Brian Yuzna
    • Pino’s Truth, with Actor Brian Bremer
    • The Most Toys, with Effects Artist Screaming Mad George
    • For a Live Audience: Silent Night, Deadly Night 5 – With Executive Producer Richard Galdstein
    • Trailer
    • Still Gallery

Comment

Great! I hope the director of part 5 has some good Mickey Rooney stories. I'm willing to bet he was a fucking prick on the set.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Here's the full press release and cover art from Lionsgate.

Street Date: 12/13/22
        Blu-ray™ + Digital: $22.99

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
        Killer Santa Claus comes to town for the first time on Blu-ray™ as the Silent Night, Deadly Night Collection arrives December 13 on Blu-ray™ + Digital from Lionsgate. Featuring all-new special features and starring Academy Award® nominee Mickey Rooney, the Silent Night, Deadly Night Collection will be available on Blu-ray + Digital for the suggested retail price of $22.99.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
        Prepare for a trilogy of pure terror with this collection of films from the Silent Night, Deadly Night series. In Better Watch Out!, it’s a very bloody Christmas after Ricky Caldwell, the notorious “Killer Santa Claus,” awakens from a six-year coma with one thing on his mind: murder. In Initiation, a reporter’s investigation into a mysterious death leads her into the clutches of a cult that’s chosen her as its new queen, and The Toy Maker stars entertainment legend Mickey Rooney as a toy maker whose creations display some very human – and deadly – tendencies.

CAST
        Bill Moseley The Devil’s Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses, Night of the Living Dead
        Clint Howard Solo: A Star Wars Story, Apollo 13, Rock ‘n’ Roll High School
        Jane Higginson The Silencers, TV’s “General Hospital”
        Mickey Rooney It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, The Bold and the Brave, Babes in Arms

FILMS FEATURED

• Silent Night, Deadly Night 3: Better Watch Out!
        • Silent Night, Deadly Night 4: Initiation
        • Silent Night, Deadly Night 5: The Toy Maker

SPECIAL FEATURES

Silent Night, Deadly Night 3: Better Watch Out!

• Audio Commentary with Film Historian Jarret Gahan
        • “Outshine the Brain Cap” — An Interview with Actor Bill Moseley
        • "Monte & Me” — An Interview with Creative Consultant Steven Gaydos
        • “For a Live Audience: Silent Night, Deadly Night 3” — An Interview with Executive Producer Richard Gladstein
        • Trailer
        • Still Gallery

• Audio Commentary with Director Brian Yuzna
        • Our Man Ricky with Clint Howard
        • “Ritualistic Behavior” — An Interview with Screenwriter Woody Keith
        • “Twisted Visions” — An Interview with Surrealistic Design & Effects Artist Screaming Mad George
        • "For a Live Audience: Silent Night, Deadly Night 4” — An Interview with Executive Producer Richard Gladstein
        • Trailer
        • Still Gallery

• Audio Commentary with Director-Cowriter Martin Kitrosser
        • “The Best Presents” — An Interview with Producer-Cowriter Brian Yuzna
        • “Pino’s Truth” — An Interview with Actor Brian Bremer
        • “The Most Toys” — An Interview with Surrealistic Design & Effects Artist Screaming Mad George
        • “For a Live Audience: Silent Night, Deadly Night 5” — An Interview with Executive Producer Richard Gladstein
        • Trailer
        • Still Gallery

PROGRAM INFORMATION

Year of Production: 1989, 1990, 1991
        Title Copyright: Silent Night, Deadly Night 3: Better Watch Out! © 1989 Live America, Inc. Silent Night, Deadly Night 4: Initiation © 1990 Live America, Inc. Silent Night, Deadly Night 5: The Toy Maker © 1991 Live America, Inc. LEI-IVE Entertainment, N.V. d.b.a. Live Entertainment International.
        Rating: R
        Genre: Horror
        Closed-Captioned: N/A
        Subtitles: English, Spanish, English SDH
        Feature Run Time: 4 Hours, 26 Minutes
        Blu-ray™ Format: 1080P 23.98 High Definition, 16x9 (1.33:1) Presentation
        Blu-ray™ Audio: English 2.0 DTS-HD Master Audio™

Click image for larger version

Name:	sldn.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	402822
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It doesn't list how many discs, so I'm assuming it'll be three movies squeezed onto a single disc.

Also don't understand what "16X9 (1.33:1) presentation" means. $23 is a really low price for three flicks, so maybe this is more about the new special features than brand new transfers. We'll see!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
            Also don't understand what "16X9 (1.33:1) presentation" means.
            It usually means that the video is pillarboxed, with the sidebars actually part of the image rather than just dead space on your screen.

Comment

Diabolik has it listed as a 3 disc set.

I do like the lower MSRP on the last few Vestron releases, I just wish they'd re-price the earlier releases.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                Diabolik has it listed as a 3 disc set.

I do like the lower MSRP on the last few Vestron releases, I just wish they'd re-price the earlier releases.
                What the hell were they thinking with those early releases? Really no matter how you slice it, GOTHIC would cost me $60. Ridiculous.

Comment

What the hell were they thinking with those early releases? Really no matter how you slice it, GOTHIC would cost me $60. Ridiculous.
                  I think Lionsgate was operating on the theory that you can make a limited run and slap a slipcover on anything and sell it for a fortune. The way some of the mongs on the BR forums talked about even the least of the Vestron discs, I think they may not have been entirely wrong. Fuck, even Dork Farce seems to make out ok just on ridiculous slipcovers.
                  Darcy Parker
                  Last edited by Darcy Parker; 10-20-2022, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Especially as they were mostly old masters. Totally nuts.

Comment

This is currently $11.99 on Amazon.

https://amzn.to/3uTXRek
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The problem is probably fixed for everyone now if it wasn’t just with mine but when I got my Silent Night Deadly Night Collection yesterday I had to contact Lionsgate because the code it came with wouldn’t redeem. They fixed it for me but they also sent a free John Wick 3 code for the inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                          This is currently $11.99 on Amazon.

https://amzn.to/3uTXRek
                          Of course the day I was suppose to get it it drops in price. Got my copy in plan on checking out hte extras and looking quickly at the films later. Figuring it has to look better than the old DVD set from what 10 years ago?

Comment

My code worked.

Comment

Working...
                            X