Movies Directed by and Adjacent to Scott Schirmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies Directed by and Adjacent to Scott Schirmer

I came across this low-budget director Scott Schirmer, who made a name for himself with the 2012 film Found. I watched it and if it wasn't hampered by its $8,000 budget, I think it could've been a minor masterpiece (the final shot of the movie is particularly disturbing). In 2016 Schirmer made a movie called Harvest Lake, which is a kind of body horror exercise where an otherworldly plant-like creature causes some vacationers to experience sexual hallucinations and mutations (I haven't seen it). In 2016, Schirmer made an inscrutable film about a feral clan of cannibal women who abduct a man in order to make him one of their own, called Plank Face. Shot in grainy video, Plank Face I rather enjoyed. It's almost like an art film with exploitation touches. Schirmer's last movie was 2018's The Bad Man, which looks fairly terrible, but I haven't seen it so I can't say. Lastly and of interest, in Found the boy watches horror movies, and these movies are fictitious. One is called Headless, and it's a supposedly "lost" '70s slasher film. The special FX artist for Found made a feature out of Headless in 2015. I watched Headless, and as grimy and shock-oriented as it is, it did manage an aura of unsettling morbidity. Anyway, I'd never heard of this director until I found Found. He's interesting; too bad he seems to have stopped working.
Working...
X