That Evil Dead Remake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott MacDonald View Post
    The remake I don't really care about it. However, I am very interested in this now that Sony has announced it.

http://www.ifc.com/fix/2013/03/evil-...-of-darkness-2
    It will be interesting to see which AOD ending they will springboard off of.

Comment

Serious? Wow. Bring it on!
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I saw that the EVIL DEAD (2013) remake was passed uncut in the U.K. Does anyone know if that means the U.K. is getting the fully uncut NC-17 version of the film or did the studio simply submit the cut R rated version to the BBFC?

Comment

I doubt it... The film is rated 16+ here and we usually get the same thing the US get, but in french.

Comment

Producers regularly submit PRE-cut movies for the BBFC in th eUK...

Why?

Coz if it gets rejected, it costs MORE money to try again.....

BBFC says PPROVED RUNNING TIME 91m 28s.........though I hear the US version is shorn of FRAMES from a scene...rather than any big cuts...

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
              Producers regularly submit PRE-cut movies for the BBFC in th eUK...

Why?

Coz if it gets rejected, it costs MORE money to try again.....

BBFC says PPROVED RUNNING TIME 91m 28s.........though I hear the US version is shorn of FRAMES from a scene...rather than any big cuts...
              Interesting. Now I'm really curious.

Where did you read that only a few frames were cut to get an R rating? I do hope this isn't all a ploy to simply get everyone to buy the DVD.

Comment

Fede Alvarez notes frames cut by the MPAA:

We didn't butcher any scene or anything. We just had to trim. We took out frames here, You know, when she cut her tongue, we were showing a lot. You see the tongue, you get to see the tongue moving. Probably there was a version where we showed more frames. We've cut about 20 frames here, that kind of stuff, where you take that out and you get your R rating.
                http://collider.com/fede-alvarez-evi...ake-interview/

Comment

Saw this today...didn't think it was scary but it did get fairly intense at times. Like a lot of recent horror films, the characters don't make much of an impression and you don't care what happens to them. It was very gory though, lots of mutilation. It naturally pales in comparison to the original, I can't see this becoming a cult classic but it's worth seeing I think. The ending was weak.
                  I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                    I can't see this becoming a cult classic but it's worth seeing I think.
                    Thats enough for me......a remake that is worth a watch is pretty rare these days.

I knew it wouldnt touch the original....Different time, different place.....but am glad that the director at least had his heart in the right place and gave it a shot...

Comment

• Has good gore and is well shot but otherwise it's nothing too new or interesting.

Only plus is that this may have got the ball rolling on Evil Dead 4.

Comment

• Re: That Evil Dead Remake?

EVIL DEAD FORE??!! Now you've got my interest.

There's a real shortage of golf horror.

Comment

• Waka waka.

Comment

• Went and saw it last Thursday night...I didn't like it much...It felt really flat to me...plus there were just a few things I totally disliked, but won't say nothing until more have seen it...and you did not care about the characters at all...

The gore delivered, but gore does not make a movie automatically good for me.

The bit after the end credits was kind of a slap in the face...

Was kind of cool seeing it with Don May, Jerry, and Michael Felsher though...

Comment

• What's the story with you watching it with Don, Jerry, and Michael? Just curious.

I agree with your points though. The faux-Ash character had the personality of a brick. A shame because I liked how it opened but it didn't do anything really different to separate it from the original.

*Edit: I like to think Cabin in the Woods is the true remake of Evil Dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                                *Edit: I like to think Cabin in the Woods is the true remake of Evil Dead.
                                I think the true remake of Evil Dead is Evil Dead II.

Comment

Working...
                                X