No announcement yet.

That Evil Dead Remake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing spoils a scat video like pubes: Brazilian's the way to go, I agree.

Buttholes sem Pubes.

Comment

• Just got through with this one.....

REALLY?..Raimim , Campbell and Tapert all signed up on this one??

Bad acting,..Bad rections to situations.....Dumb story...Dumb ending(s).....the "you thought they were dead...but not yet" type bits...Not scary....not fun.....Not filmed with any kind of energy....DUMB after credits bit..

i could go on...but I am too angry!!!

Incidentally, CABIN IN THE WOODS is on tv here now...far better movie......

ALSO, Raimis DRAG ME TO HELL was 100 times better than this...and more EVIL DEAD than this film will ever be!!

Comment

• I actually thought it was reasonably scary in spots. And fairly well acted on the part of Jane Levy.

I tried to be angry. The original was a big part of my youth. I didn't get angry though.

Drag Me To Hell was rad though. More rad than this. No argument on that point. And the after credits bit was fucking lame.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I just thought it was mediocre which is worse then it being bad or good.
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Did the entire cast come back to life and sing Build Me Up Buttercup?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
              I just thought it was mediocre which is worse then it being bad or good.
              There you go. In spite of my snarky post I'm not angry either, but close to it if only for the fact that there was nothing to get excited about either way, good or bad. Watching the extra about the rigors Jane Levy was put thru I felt sorry that all the effort was for blah. The Steve N. Kingz ballyhoo from the original kept playing in my brain while watching this and there's nothing "ferociously original" about this one and there should have been. This should have been balls to the wall insanity and instead it felt watered down and pointless.
              Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
                This should have been balls to the wall insanity and instead it felt watered down and pointless.
                EXACTLY....

EVIL DEAD WAS a benchmark in horror.a real genre kickstarter.......this was not even GOOD compared to movies today....

Even the bloody SONG that the demon sang was shit in this remake....arms and legs being cut off and no one dying of blood loss....No chemistry between the actors....and the passages of the book COULD have been good...if they didnt have a lightweight Kurt Cobain wannabe reading it....the tape recorder was 100 times more effective in the first......

DRAG ME TO HELL was 100 times better than this coz it had the ENERGY of RAIMI pummeling it along....enough to overlook some flaws.....This remake though thought it would work if they had more gore, had the demons SWEARING (wow...how scary)..and recreated soem bits from the original (not caring whether or not it made sense to the story or not)

Oh...I am not reallyl angry...just annoyed they made THIS after all the years of waiting for part 4....If this is the best they can come up with...glad they didnt make a FOURTH..

Comment

• I'm holding out for the EQUINOX remake.

CGI Fritz Leiber love.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
                    there's nothing "ferociously original" about this one and there should have been.
                    Except it was a remake. Have there been any ferociously original remakes?

Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
                    This should have been balls to the wall insanity and instead it felt watered down and pointless.
                    It had a lot of crazy gore though.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                      Except it was a remake. Have there been any ferociously original remakes?
                      Carpenter and Cronenberg I think would disagree. Just saying. :D

Possibly The Blob remake counts. What was up with the 80's and the really good horror remakes all having "The" in the title?
                      Alex K.
                      Last edited by Alex K.; 08-03-2013, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                        Carpenter and Cronenberg I think would disagree. Just saying. :D
                        Fair enough. I'll rephrase the question then - has there been a ferociously original HOLLYWOOD remake in the last 10 years?
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The Dawn remake was kind of decent...

Comment

• I dug it. I don't think it was ferociously original though. I thought it was going to be complete shit, to be honest. In some ways (though not all, and I consider Dawn weaker than Night and Day) I think it works better than Romero's movie. I can't say that about the ED remake.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              Fair enough. I'll rephrase the question then - has there been a ferociously original HOLLYWOOD remake in the last 10 years?
                              While I can't think of any off hand, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be strived for. As Alex said, there have been directors who have been capable of bringing some fresh ideas to remakes - but 20+ years ago. In fact, it's pretty sad that THE THING and THE FLY are really the only consistent examples of great (arguably better than the original) remakes. I'd put the 70's INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS on that list as well, but it's still a pathetically short fucking list regardless.

I just heard a podcast in which the EVIL DEAD remake was brought up and one of the guys liked it - his reason being that it felt reverential to Raimi's film. Personally, I don't want that. I also don't want some Rob Zombie HALLOWEEN bullshit either so the reality here is that these remakes ain't for me. I avoided the TCM, FRIDAY THE 13TH and NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET remakes and I should have known better with EVIL DEAD. My curiosity got the better of me.
                              Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

• I thought the F13 remake was pretty good. The studios obviously don't think very much of us because the kids in that film were written to be paper thin and totally disposable and unlikable but I thought the actors did well enough of those parts. Maybe I like it just because it returned Jason back to his roots after almost 20 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X