Amityville Karen from SRS Cinema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amityville Karen from SRS Cinema

“Amityville Karen” blu-rays are now shipping! Support this super fun horror flick starring James Duval, Lauren Francesca, Dawna Lee Heising, Mike Ferguson and more, produced by Will Collazo, directed by Shawn C. Phillips. http://srscinema.com/home/?p=3215

Comment

Oh god, that title....

Apparently the name "Amityville" is in the public domain now, so anyone can put it in the title of their movie. I can't speak for the quality of this movie, but using the name Amityville just seems like a bad movie trying to move units.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
        Oh god, that title....

Apparently the name "Amityville" is in the public domain now, so anyone can put it in the title of their movie. I can't speak for the quality of this movie, but using the name Amityville just seems like a bad movie trying to move units.
        Or could be a good movie trying to compete with the big titles. People always gotta be negative lol. There's a rabid fan base for amityville movies, just like other sub genre's like "sharks" or "bigfoot". Here's an idea, let people enjoy what they want to. You don't want to buy it because of the title, move on.

Comment

Originally posted by srscinema View Post

Or could be a good movie trying to compete with the big titles. People always gotta be negative lol. There's a rabid fan base for amityville movies, just like other sub genre's like "sharks" or "bigfoot". Here's an idea, let people enjoy what they want to. You don't want to buy it because of the title, move on.
          Title aside, that trailer is....something.

Comment

There's a rabid fan base for amityville movies, just like other sub genre's like "sharks" or "bigfoot".
            Wow, I guess so. According to imdb, out of the five films the director of this film currently has in post-production, two of them are called AMITYVILLE BIGFOOT and AMITYVILLE SHARK HOUSE; I love it, why not just cover all the bases, hahaha.

Comment

I'm sensing a theme! AMITYVILLE SHARK house lol

Comment

Has there been an Amityville Retirement Community yet? I'd pay good money to see Amityville Abortion Clinic too, but I guess it wasn't demons that drove them out.
                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Here's an idea, let people enjoy what they want to. You don't want to buy it because of the title, move on.
                  This comment annoys me. The board is for movie discussions not just promotions. If people think the movie you're pushing sounds shit they can say so. Prompts discussion which is what we're here for.
                  "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Yeah, i dont want to slam a movie on a title, though Matt's comment about Public Domain means there's more to come; but I will trash the shit out of that trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                      Yeah, i dont want to slam a movie on a title, though Matt's comment about Public Domain means there's more to come; but I will trash the shit out of that trailer.
                      The title Amittyville Karen conjures in my head exactly the trailer that came from it.

I feel I'm missing some lore here. Why wouldn't it be public domain? Amittyville is just a place name no?
                      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                        I feel I'm missing some lore here. Why wouldn't it be public domain? Amittyville is just a place name no?
                        From what I understand, only in the last 10 years or so did people figure out that you can't trademark "Amityville", hence the slew of titles that have come out since 2015 with the name in the title.

I'm not sure if there was a prior ownership, but there used to be some sort of a consistent series, starting with the original trilogy in the late '70s/early '80s and the second wave of films in the '90s.

Comment

Getting all defensive on a forum when a member voices their opinion really makes your label and the film in question look bush league, dude.

Comment

Few years back I tried to track down and watch every Amityville film. Then saw how many their are.

But yea if I am looking for something to watch on say Tubi and I see some generic Zombie movie and say Amityville Gas Chamber,legit a real film it's on youtube,I am going with the Amityville movie.

Amityville Karen is one I do want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

Getting all defensive on a forum when a member voices their opinion really makes your label and the film in question look bush league, dude.
                              Dismissing a movie based on title, okay; defending a movie based on said criticism, bush league. Okkkkk lol.

My response was meant in jest, tho some thread of truth to it - comments like that, esp right after I was trying to promote it, are frustrating. You have no idea bc you don't deal with this like I do. But Matt seems like a cool dude, I have no problem with him or anyone sharing an opinion, just hope they wouldn't dismissive a movie based on title alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X