Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synapse Releasing Satan's Little Helper

Press release!

SYNAPSE FILMS TREATS YOU TO THE CULT HORROR FAVORITE SATAN’S LITTLE HELPER THIS HALLOWEEN FOR THE FIRST TIME ON BLU-RAY!

“A horror sleeper that contains as much wit as gore.”- Frank Scheck, The Hollywood Reporter

“Irreverent, subversive and deliciously caustic, Satan’s Little Helper is a unique and daring achievement, the type only independent films can deliver.” - Jon Condit, Dread Central

Summer may be right around the corner, but Synapse Films is already getting ready for Halloween 2022 with a little help from SATAN’S LITTLE HELPER, writer/director Jeff Lieberman's devilishly fun cult classic that’s become a seasonal favorite since its debut at the 2004 Tribeca Film Festival. Now, Synapse Films brings this All Hallows mix of horror and satire to Blu-ray for the first time on October 25, 2022!

Nine-year-old Douglas Whooly (Alexander Brickel, PALINDROMES) is obsessed with the handheld video game “Satan’s Little Helper,” and annoyed that the attention of his big sister Jenna (Katheryn Winnick, TV’s VIKINGS and BIG SKY) is being distracted by her new boyfriend Alex (Stephen Graham). These two concerns collide on Halloween, when Douglas witnesses a serial killer in a devil mask (Joshua Annex) posing his victims like outdoor All Hallow’s Eve displays. Not comprehending how real the carnage is, Douglas becomes this Satan’s little helper—and that’s very bad news for Alex, for Douglas and Jenna’s mom Merrill (Amanda Plummer, PULP FICTION, Netflix’s RATCHED), and ultimately for their entire town.

A different kind of Halloween horror film, SATAN’S LITTLE HELPER combines grisly killings with a mile-wide streak of savage humor. Written and directed by cult favorite Jeff Lieberman (SQUIRM, BLUE SUNSHINE, JUST BEFORE DAWN), it satirizes the way video games can seize hold of young minds, and is driven by the inability of Douglas (and others) to distinguish the Satan Man’s nasty crimes from All Hallow’s prankery. Featuring one of Plummer’s most eccentric performances, SATAN’S LITTLE HELPER has built a cult following on video and now makes its high-definition Blu-ray debut, carrying a bagful of supplementary treats!

SUPPLEMENTARY FEATURES INCLUDE:
    - Audio Commentary from Director Jeff Lieberman
    - Vintage Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
    - The Devil in the Details: Making SATAN'S LITTLE HELPER
    - Mr. Satan's Neighborhood: A Tour of the Filming Locations with Director Jeff Lieberman
    - Promotional Trailer

VIDEO: High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1) Presentation / AVC
    AUDIO: DTS-HD MA English 2.0 Original Stereo
    SUBTITLES: English for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing

ITEM# SFD0212
    UPC CODE: 654930323595
    SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE: $29.95
    FILE UNDER: HORROR
    MPA RATING: R

Street Date: October 25, 2022

Click image for larger version

Name:	slhpeg.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	395549
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'm a fan of Lieberman but have never seen this.

Comment

I have the 2004 Screen Media Films DVD of this, and I enjoyed it very much.
      VHS will never die!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
        I have the 2004 Screen Media Films DVD of this, and I enjoyed it very much.
        Yeah, this was a really impressive late career film from Lieberman. Some excellent black-humored material here.
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Treasured Films is releasing this in the UK soon.

https://www.treasuredfilms.co.uk/pre...dition-blu-ray

Click image for larger version

Name:	FxD1aFkXoAM_CUq.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	415158
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post

Yeah, this was a really impressive late career film from Lieberman. Some excellent black-humored material here.
            Absolutely. Such a nice surprise. Did you see the anthology TALES OF HALLOWEEN? The segment by Darren Lyn Bousman borrowed a lot from this movie.
            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post

Absolutely. Such a nice surprise. Did you see the anthology TALES OF HALLOWEEN? The segment by Darren Lyn Bousman borrowed a lot from this movie.
              No, I haven't seen that one. Will remedy that asap. Thanks for the tip!
              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I've only ever seen about 5 minutes of it in passing, I just figured it was a lousy DTV release. I'll have to check it out and pay attention.

Comment

Working...
                X